Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 11:50:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSiege
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Siege  (Read 601 times)
Agro
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »

I've finally finished Siege! I would've added so much more, but I got fed up with Java2D so I decided to finish it right now without adding multiplayer. Here is the title screen:

The objective of the game is to keep at least 2 control points in your possession at all times. If you lose more than that, you automatically die. You also have 3 lives, so if you die 3 times, game over. Waves of monsters come, and in between waves you can do anything you want(restock on Sentrys or AGCs or recapture a point).

There is a shop in the north of the map. The 2 people sell stuff, and the robot is an upgrade station. To buy something, hover your mouse over it and press space. If it was successful you'll hear a beep, otherwise you'll here a explosion(I don't know why).

The control point order is this:

2      1
4      5

If you are on a bad computer, this game won't run at all. I would've originally fixed it, but I don't want to migrate all this stuff over to another library. If I get enough feedback and likes for the game however, I will add multiplayer and convert to libGDX! Vote on that please!

Anyway, I hope I've done a good job on this one:

https://www.box.com/s/dneu6ss4uc9iqi2iwund

If you want this game to be continued, just let me know and if enough people say yes, I'll add multiplayer and more monsters and more features etc.

Feedback, criticism hate all accepted!

Some more images:

Stib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:56:18 PM »

Hey Argo! Here are my thoughts. Just know that I don't read any forum instructions the first time I play.

• I like the pixely art style, although some of the items don't match, like trees
  • Nice Mini map.
  • Intuitive to control
  • I'm not sure what the control point bars at the bottom means
  • Upgrades...very cool
  • I can't get out of the Upgrade Station though, I had to shutdown the game, the 'X' doesn't work
  • There were long periods during a wave when nothing happened
  • I was typically able to track down a zombie spawner really quickly and destroy it. This made the game super easy. I broke it.
  • I got to wave 5 and hardly killed any monsters
  • Ahh I figured out I can walk away from the store
  • So I bought a sentry upgrade but I have no idea where the sentries are or how to get them
  • The store sounds didn't really convey information. I wasn't sure when I had money or didn't based on the sounds.

Oh wow I had no idea I could buy stuff from those two characters, they need a sign or something...Buy Loot here Wink Let me go play again, I want these weapons  Tongue

• Why number of kills? Why not just a set number of baddies per wave?
  • Bad guy bullets destroy my bullets...That seems unfair to me
  • Control points get taken way too fast.
  • So I saved up 2000 coin over 6 waves for only 5 turrets? Is there another way you can limit turrets?
  • Like the potions
  • I never needed anything other than the beginning gun
  • Turrets are pretty cool

Wow lots of thoughts Wink I've built a game very similar to this and that may be why. I know this kind of game is pretty hard to balance. I think you've added some cool ideas, control points, potions, temporary bad buy spawners.

I think if you made spawners harder to track down and destroy without overwhelming the player this is going to be a pretty sweet game. Multiplayer would make it even better. Nice work  Beer!

MMMMOOONNNSTTTERRRR POST  Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic