Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:47:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDark Souls and Bloodborne
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 355
Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls and Bloodborne  (Read 534671 times)
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: May 24, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »

that's true, the world outside of yharnam is not mentioned like dark souls I/II foreign kingdoms. On dlc, I wish they''ll focus on the secondary characters of the story, like laurence, micolash, william, etc.

about storage cap: in some areas of the game you can get a lot more resources than you need, like bullets in the forest before hemwick. When I get extra experience that doesnt allows me to level up I expend in vials/bullets until I reach the cap, now I can go even higher. I'm not against the change, just not sure about it. 

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: May 24, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »

i actually like that they don't really mention the world outside of yharnam (well i guess byrgenwerth, hemwick, cainhurst and the nightmare plane are technically "outside of yharnam"). i like limited and self-contained settings. adds to the mystery and makes things more surreal. its also a good safeguard against the pitfalls of traditional fantasy worldbuilding.  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:20:02 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5262 on: May 24, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »

oh yeah absolutely, but i still think there's more to elaborate on than just the great ones. i feel like i know more about the great ones than yharnam itself and the commonfolk. a strength of videogame lore has always been that you can include bits of history that aren't essential to the main plot but bb kinda foregoes that. i want more stuff like logarius, where the stories do play into the grand scheme of things, but also serve as their own sidestory.

idk i'm probably just getting a little tired of souls' giant empty cities.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #5263 on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:42 AM »

i'm glad about the vials change. both bc i'd like to not have "die five times on this boss and have to go grind again" and also "finally the game will stop refusing to pick up bullets bc i've got so fucking many"

still think estus is the best. here's ur reminder
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: May 25, 2015, 04:55:46 AM »

The thing with farming is that, to prevent it, you will be more conservative when using vials. When I fought a new boss in my first playthrough I would try to avoid using any vials on the first battles and try to learn their moves. You would be more pressured to use regain as well.

But, yeah, I disliked farming vials on central yharnam when needed. Lowering the number of vials you can carry would make you careful and not lead to farming, but I suspect that would require rebalancing the whole game.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5265 on: May 25, 2015, 05:05:05 AM »

ya but on my first playthrough i never even maxed out the 99 vials and it still takes a substantial amount of time to farm them (or buy them), at least on ng. ng+ buffs blood echo drops so much that buying 99 vials is trivial.
MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: May 25, 2015, 06:06:06 AM »

bludberne crossplay

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: May 25, 2015, 08:22:24 AM »

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/25/bloodbornes-patch-1-04-full-patch-notes-now-available/

full patch notes. idk why game devs are so stingy with releasing those
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: May 25, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »

btw another hope for the DLC: more insight effects. dont get me wrong i think insight a good mechanic and it works well but i feel like its not being used to its full potential esp w/r/t visual and audio stuff. itd also be neat if there were some secret areas you could open with insight.
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: May 25, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »

Yeah, I agree. It's a pity they removed the 10 insight required to see the insight-shop. This together with the insight monster appearing made me feel I was in a very weird world with weird rules and made the game a lot more immersive. They could really expand on that.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: May 25, 2015, 03:06:10 PM »

ya removal of the 10 insight requirement was a bad decision. i can understand why they did it (it took me like 10 hours to even notice the insight shop) but its still a bit less mysterious that way.

basically i want insight to be like world tendency in demon's souls except good lol. im probably in the minority here but i thought WT was a great idea that was seriously marred by some bad design decisions.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5271 on: May 25, 2015, 07:53:06 PM »

complaining about nothing: the thread

Dragonmaw
« Reply #5272 on: May 26, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »

The thing with farming is that, to prevent it, you will be more conservative when using vials. When I fought a new boss in my first playthrough I would try to avoid using any vials on the first battles and try to learn their moves. You would be more pressured to use regain as well.

But, yeah, I disliked farming vials on central yharnam when needed. Lowering the number of vials you can carry would make you careful and not lead to farming, but I suspect that would require rebalancing the whole game.

lowering vials/requiring farming does not make you more careful about their use.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5273 on: May 26, 2015, 11:04:46 AM »

I think it did. At least when I knew I was wasting a lot of em on a boss, I grew pretty fearful of using more, didn't want to get stuck having to farm, so I usually started doing a few vial-less runs to practice without losing out. I also did the same for antidotes against Blood Starved Beast.

That said, I still kind of prefer that they raise the maximum. Lots of character builds depend on vials and quicksilver, it just makes sense.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5274 on: May 26, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »

low vial cap:

wah i hate farming

raised vial cap:

somehow have a problem with this.

this is the worst thread.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: May 26, 2015, 01:26:20 PM »

i try not to use vials in boss fights unless the boss is already down to like 2/3rds health. i tanked through hits a lot first playthrough but now im much better at playing the game how its supposed to be played. vial carrying cap (not storage!) should be lower because the relatively high default cap of 20 encourages a bad playstyle to some extent.

ANYWAY, i went back to dark souls 1 today for the first time after spending 200 hours on bborne, and i have to say bborne's combat is just tighter and all around better. don't get me wrong, dks1 is good (certainly doesnt feel awkward to me like dks2 does now) but attack weight, dodging, parrying and speed in bborne are just nicer. i also never realized what a crutch shields really are in souls games. i dont even block anymore most of the time.
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #5276 on: May 26, 2015, 02:37:17 PM »

I've gotten a lot better at the game since I last complained about vials, so I'm kinda neutral on the topic. I don't think the cap honestly matters all that much. I'm still trying to rely on regain as much as possible. Now I can just pick up the million billion vials laying around and effectively make it like estus. So I'm happy.

I will echo what Silbereisen said earlier though, the 20 vials per lamp should maybe be lowered. I'm pretty much never below 15 vials now and the game is honestly starting to feel too easy. I'm on the last chalice dungeon atm, so maybe I'll that will change.

Not complaining, the game is honestly fine as is.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5277 on: May 26, 2015, 02:56:25 PM »

wow holy shit its like i was saying the week the game came out. dont be a shitter, and you dont have to farm vials. now thats the accepted opinion on vials?

DANG. WOW.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: May 26, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »

good job i guess?
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: May 26, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »

Is it weird that Demon/Dark Souls just feel like classics to me already? It hasn't even been that long, but I already feel the same sort of nostalgia towards them that I do towards other platform-defining titles from generations past. Plus, I don't think any games have had such a profound impact on such a wide range of games in such a short period of time like the Souls games have.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:58:07 PM by FK in the Coffee » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 355
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic