Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411722 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 22, 2024, 02:48:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsAny pixel artists interested in a 3DS eStore game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any pixel artists interested in a 3DS eStore game?  (Read 790 times)
andy201
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2014, 08:42:47 PM »

I'm looking to collaborate with a talented pixel artist for the Nintendo 3DS eStore. I've been approved by Nintendo to develop for this system. I'm a games programmer with over 20 years experience and have had a lot of commercial games released on various platforms.

This partnership will be a 50/50 split on all revenues with a good chance of success. My favourite era of programming was the Gameboy, Megadrive, and SNES days for which I worked on the SNES and Gameboy consoles. It would be nice to go back in the past and make those types of games again for a modern platform. Any pixel artists I used to know have moved on from this art form so I thought I would give this a shot and see what happens.

Anyway, if anybody on the off chance is interested in this then get in touch. Just one last thing, this is very rare for a programmer of my experience to go down this route of collaboration and it's a very good opportunity for an artist to actually show what they can do on a commercial console.

Thanks for your time.

Andy
andy201
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:09:35 PM »

It's been pointed out that I should give more information to help artists decide whether they would like to do this collaboration.

The design of the game is pretty open to suggestions from the artist… after all this is a collaboration. The art style is also pretty open but what I'm after is pixel art that would not look out of place on a 8/16bit console… So long as the style is striking and appealing.

I do have a virtual console that I programmed for mobile devices that is inline to what a SNES could handle but it's more advanced. Just imagine what the next SNES would of been and my engine is basically that. I'm waiting for the 3DS dev kit to arrive then I will port that over to the 3DS but in the meantime a design and direction can be locked in.

On a personal taste I was thinking of a platform game of some type but don't let that influence your decisions. I'm pretty open to anything - I'm a programmer and not a designer/artist.

And thank you to the person to point this out to me Smiley
andy201
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »

Found. Thanks for the people interested.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic