Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 11:30:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessinsert coin
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: insert coin  (Read 817 times)
laggyluk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:17:09 AM »

Hi guys.
I'm working on a game for mobiles in which player controls a plane, fly right and shoot. You get the picture. It started as a test project for a new game engine but I got pretty involved and dedicated to make it a 'full' game.
And now thinking about a ways to monetize Wink
One of ideas is not to lock anything but make full game free and ask player to 'insert coin' after he wastes all the lives and wishes to continue. Like in those arcade machines in ancient times, difference is that you don't have to pay to start playing. Coins would be bought in micro transaction.
What bothers me is that I've never came across such solution in a game either for ios or android and I've played some.

So the question is:
Is it against appstores rules or majority of developers don't think this can work?
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 04:13:26 AM »

I doubt that it is against the rules, but I don't think it would be too effective. People like free games because they are free, and they have the choice of paying. Here, they are being forced to. Also, unless the game is amazingly fun and difficult to die in, people aren't going to spend their money.

Here, look at this article: http://gamasutra.com/view/news/181429/Players_wont_pay_just_because_they_like_your_game.php#.UKOK4uPZ_SE

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
laggyluk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »

Well, not that much forced to pay. I don't intend to swarm the screen with bullets if player is doing to well. I was thinking about it more like a cheat for lazy people. Like my former boss for example. Dude has bought a sword in infinity blade for 15 euros to beat the final boss..
laggyluk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 08:48:06 AM »

Maybe I'll just try it and let you guys know how it works out Tongue Shouldn't be that much work as micro transactions are integrated into the AppEasy engine.
Meanwhile my game's beta is out for free if anyone is interested in checking it out:
DogFight Dog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic