Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 08:56:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Pixels in your pocket
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixels in your pocket  (Read 8011 times)
PypeBros
Level 0

Simplest, but not Simpler

View Profile WWW
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:13:32 AM »

Hey there.

I don't know whether developing on/with a NintendoDS qualifies as "indie" to you, but let's say it not so far away ... I've been working on some graphic editors for game content these last few years
such as Sprite Editor on DS and a companion animation editor. They fit my needs pretty well, but I lack the backstep to identify the difficulties of using it for someone external to the project.

So I'm looking for a few beta-testers that'd have interest in using their DS to create game content who could give the (homebrew) editors a try and fill in a few polls to guide me towards the next release.

Cheers.

- - - 8< - - - 8< - - -
the SEDS poll sheet:
for the following actions: sketch on the grid, change the color, erase something, save a intermediate step before proceeding further, reverting to a previously saved state, reuse a previously picked colour, save your work, design your own colours, do an animation test, make a tile that tiles, switch the grid size (16x16 <-> 32x32)

A) you found which widget on screen was involved (5=immediately,..., 1=not at all, 0=you thought it was impossible)
    B) you managed to do what you wanted (5=immediately, 1=you stopped trying)
    C) after you succeeded to do it, the way the control work seemed (5=good idea, 3=you could learn it, 2=counter-intuitive, 1=didn't figured out how it worked)
    D) describe how you'd proceed to do it again
    E) describe how you'd rather have it working
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:52:30 AM by PypeBros » Logged

PypeBros
Level 0

Simplest, but not Simpler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:05:11 AM »

Oh, just to let you know: I've started a poll on my blog to survey how many visitors have interest in the editors too, and how many are just waiting for me to produce games Tongue

Nix
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:11:34 AM »

Yes, homebrew counts as "indie"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic