Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 11:23:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCROSSBOLTS: a heavy metal inspired shoot 'em up
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: CROSSBOLTS: a heavy metal inspired shoot 'em up  (Read 3129 times)
NoahW
Level 0

artist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 09:38:51 AM »

Explosions really don't fit, but i'm sure you'll take care of it. Everything else is top notch.

Really? The explosions were one of my favorite bits.  Cry Cry

Is it just the style or the shape or are they just not up to par? they do look weird in the first vid because I accidentally programmed them to terminate before the cycle finished so there's about three frames missing of the end, but it's fixed in the second vid.

Well, multiple things. First, mushroom shaped explosion looks like it's a ground explosion. It is looking good, but for things destroyed on ground. Next, when you hit those bat guys and they explode, explosion moves down. Tho i don't prefer explosions moving (imho, they look better when they don't move), i get that you're probably trying to emulate old school felling, but they are moving too fast compared to the speed of the enemy that is destroyed.

My god, you're totally right. Well now I have to watch a bunch of videogame footage and decide what kind of explosion I want to replace it with.  Tongue
Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 10:31:36 AM »

Hey this looks really cool! :D Great work so far Hand Thumbs Up Right

NoahW
Level 0

artist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 12:30:51 PM »

Hey this looks really cool! :D Great work so far Hand Thumbs Up Right

Thanks dude! Funny, I was just checking out your game and the art's effing adorable, and I really dig the concept. :O
You doing the whole thing by yourself too?
Blackfang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 04:17:53 AM »

The pixel art it top notch! specially the bosses and the background (i`ve also seen then in PixelJoint). But I have to agree the explosions are kinda weird, mostly when you compare to the other art that is so good.. I would try to make it less "bubbly" and "solid".

I Will follow this project for sure!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic