Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:10:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1963406 times)
Yorozuya_Joe_Kun
Level 0

VFX Artist ~huehuehuehue

View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: July 16, 2018, 04:58:33 AM »

Hello Guys!  Who, Me?

I've recently just registered here in this forum and I really don't know what to do first so I'll just introduce myself. I'm Joe from far away land and I love playing and making games where I've just become a real game developer for a year now. I'm a newbie VFX Artist and a Technical Artist on training. I love making things beautiful and simply appealing. Nice to meet you all, hope I can meet good people here and earn a lot in this forum, thank you very much ! Tears of Joy *flies away  Embarrassed

TheClintHennesy
Level 0

Artist working on Twinkle Torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10761 on: July 16, 2018, 05:49:25 AM »

Hello Guys!  Who, Me?

I've recently just registered here in this forum and I really don't know what to do first so I'll just introduce myself. I'm Joe from far away land and I love playing and making games where I've just become a real game developer for a year now. I'm a newbie VFX Artist and a Technical Artist on training. I love making things beautiful and simply appealing. Nice to meet you all, hope I can meet good people here and earn a lot in this forum, thank you very much ! Tears of Joy *flies away  Embarrassed

Welcome to TigSource Joshua, senpai.,

EasyP23
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10762 on: July 16, 2018, 10:10:36 AM »

Hello,

My name is Parker. I am 20 years old and I am currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science.

I've been playing games ever since I was kid, but it wasn't until I started playing games like Braid and Limbo that I started to realize the magnitude of unexplored territory in games. As a result, I decided to start developing games about 3 years ago.

I started by making games in GameMaker, but later ditched it and started using C++. I'm primarily a programmer, but I do quite a bit of game design and level design. I also do a little bit of art, but I'm not the best at it. I'm currently working on a mostly unannounced puzzle game called Tesserae.
LiamFG
Level 0

gamesbyliam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10763 on: July 17, 2018, 04:32:04 AM »

Hi everyone!  Beer!

I'm Liam. I'm a solo indie developer with previous experience working on triple AAA titles. I live in Japan and have done for 3 years now, I work on my own games and I do work as a podcaster.

I released a small game earlier this year called; Salaryman Suzuki-san.
https://liamedwards.itch.io/salaryman-suzuki-san

It's an endless runner inspired by my time here in Japan. You play as Suzuki-san, a Japanese salaryman starting his first day of work, you have to help him get there by running through the Japanese seasons of Spring and Summer. You have to jump over different color blocks whilst matching his briefcase to the color of the upcoming block Grin I released it earlier this year on itch.io after a few months of tinkering around with it last year. It wasn't fully complete as I wanted, but as a learning experience and my first solo game I'm very proud. I would love if you checked it out.

I've also recently started development of new game; Flitspire. I am hoping to start my first ever devlog about it in the coming weeks. I predominately use Gamemaker for development.

I am also a podcaster and I run 2 video game podcasts:

Final Games -  A podcast where guests (usually video game developers or personalities (Including TIG's very own Derek Yu)) have to choose 8 games to take with them to a deserted island.
www.soundcloud.com/finalgamespodcast

Dad & Sons: A Super Bunnyhop podcast - This is a weekly video game podcast I host alongside YouTuber SuperBunnyhop.
https://soundcloud.com/user-872413404

Check them out if you're into podcasts Smiley

Other than that, it's nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting on here with you!

Thanks,
Liam
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:15:39 AM by LiamFG » Logged

Applixir Kyle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: July 17, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »

Hello all!

My name is Kyle and I love everything about games. I love the challenges, the hundreds of unique styles and genres. However, I also love to see the people behind the games rewarded for all the hard work they put into their creations.

That’s one of the things I love most about my job at AppLixir, a Reward Video Ad Monetization startup. Everyone at Applixir is focused on finding new ways to increase revenue for existing customers or making it simpler for new game developers to join our free monetization platform. You can check it out here: http://applixir.com/

If you are interested in learning more about game monetization, I'll be here to answer questions and provide information regarding how to get started. Otherwise, I'll be hanging out checking out all the cool work going on here. Coffee
CurryTime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: July 19, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Nile, and I currently work in the gaming industry as a copy editor/copy writer/PR coordinator. I've played just about every kind of game I could get my hands on throughout my life, and I enjoy pretty much everything from platformers to RPGs to arcade beat-em-ups. I especially enjoy games from the NES/SNES/Genesis eras, as well as classic fighting games (I currently play Vampire Savior and Guilty Gear Xrd, though I've fallen off a bit as of late due to work!).

If I were to name one perfect game... I suppose that'd be Gimmick, by Sunsoft.

Seriously, this game is great. Perfect blend of simple but captivating visuals, catchy and subtly emotional music, short length, finesse, exploration, and straight-up charm.
Supereor
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: July 20, 2018, 07:48:50 AM »

Hello!  Smiley  My name is Supereor.  I am a growing game developer, and hopefully a YouTuber at some point.  I recently released my first game on PC and Android, titled "Night of the Red Cubes: Crimson Tide" (although it has some problems).  I have been playing video games since I was 5, and I wish to turn that passion into good video games for other people to enjoy!
CrimsonCoder
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: July 20, 2018, 09:51:59 AM »

Hello Fellow Game Developers.

I am a Unity game developer and have worked on many (unfinished) projects.

I am primarily an AI developer and have implemented a pathfinding solution for a previous project:

as well as my own custom inventory system for a separate project. Unfortunately, both developments didn't make it beyond a basic prototype as both the project owners abandoned their projects. I'm now working on my own prototype and hope to collaborate with like-minded individuals.

A little about me:
I'm currently studying Electronic Engineering on a part-time basis (this is my final year, with only 4 subjects remaining), whilst working in the retail sector. I enjoy keeping up with everything tech related (programming and electronics).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:00:20 PM by CrimsonCoder » Logged
simowd
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: July 20, 2018, 10:35:38 AM »

So I'm student trying to follow the dream of the gamedevs. All the stories I've heard about the indie developers just inspire me. I'm learning stuff to become a good developer and (someday) release a game that will be recognized. I mostly do programming and I do really try to learn all I can, also, I love music lel.
Luminous Wolf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10769 on: July 20, 2018, 06:24:21 PM »

Hi everyone! Luminous Wolf here!

I've been playing computer games since I was 7 years old. One of my first games was Heroes of Might and Magic. The series is still one of my favorites, and you can see its influence everywhere in the game I'm working on now, Swords Mark the Spot. I'm also a fan of the related Might and Magic series of RPGs, the D&D games like Nevernights and Icewind Dale, and many more.

Medieval Fantasy is my favorite genre, but I also like sci-fi FPS games. Quake 3 was my first, and right now I'm heavily into Overwatch. I'll be posting about my game in the feedback forum. Head to luminous-wolf.itch.io if you want to check it out!
Digital Punch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10770 on: July 22, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »

An indiegame developer from Sweden who loves creating games.
Samid
Level 0

Hi, I'm new around here.

View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: July 23, 2018, 12:50:37 PM »

Hi I'm looking to make games using Unity and find other people that enjoy doing so!
salveDevelopment
« Reply #10772 on: July 23, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »

Hello!

My name is Michael. I'm new to the community, but I'm excited to get to know everyone! I'm working on a game called SALVE, which I will be posting about soon.

My favorite game is NiGHTS into Dreams. I like to draw, make music, and I'm a big D&D fan (DM over here).

Nice to meet everyone!
RapidlyPrototyping
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: July 23, 2018, 10:46:44 PM »

Canadian indie here.
N_ck-cz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: July 25, 2018, 07:45:11 AM »

Hi. My name is Tomas. Ive been developer for 13 years. I worked on couple games as an artist or tech art (Arma2, Angry birds go, Mafia 3, etc...). But now I wanted to look at the indie scene and create something (small for first time).  Smiley
Filippy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10775 on: July 25, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »

Hi, I'm a programmer and I like making (and playing) card games
poikilos
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: July 26, 2018, 06:51:10 PM »

I make some music and program and do art. I do pixel art, 3D graphics, and some 2D drawing (some art is by Redshrike on opengameart as stated below).
32x32 pixel tileset is on opengameart.org
(the main walls, open door, keystone, and 3x4 parts of the creature sprites are by Redshrike on opengameart).
and can program pretty much anything in most popular languages. I think JavaScript is excellent though many people may disagree (you have to know what your doing or your code can be messy unfortunately but I have to blame the programmer for that). This may be surprising considering I learned JavaScript when cross-browser issues were really bad, learned C++ in college, then taught myself DirectX (back when it was only C), C#, and Python. If I could write everything in Python I would, but Kivy can be difficult for end users to install (though that is not an issue on mobile) and Pygame 0 (for mobile) has key differences from Pygame. I have a 3D engine for Kivy and a 2D engine for Pygame, but the custom physics are broken in the 3D engine.  I want to have them both working well enough by the end of the summer of 2018. The 2D engine has 3D metric physics and I'm working on getting it to load tiles where the bottom half is the side, and the perspective is correct (1 to sqrt(2)/2 for side, unlimited height after that). The graphics included are mostly from opengameart and blendswap.
You can look for updates to the progress on:
https://github.com/poikilos/KivyGlops (3D game engine for Kivy)
and
https://github.com/poikilos/mgep (2D game engine for Pygame)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:35:17 AM by poikilos » Logged
gieoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: July 28, 2018, 10:50:10 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie developer from NZ (New Zealand for you people up north), I love to discuss game design, what makes a game tick, and am always trying to create new experiences through games. I work part time so I can dedicate the rest of my time to creating these ideas.

Ironically, I only play one game...DotA2 lol.

Glad to be here
VacuumHero
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10778 on: July 29, 2018, 06:02:18 AM »

Hi,
i am secondary school teacher and i am currently working on little game with my students during the holidays.
Hopefully i'll write you about it in some developement blog.
See you around here.
parzi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: July 30, 2018, 07:17:13 AM »

Sup!

I'm Parzi, i'm an artist but I'm currently working as a community manager and marketing on an indie studio called Giantfox. In the meantime I've also been working on my personal project. I've been a gamer most of my life but it's been short since I joined the gamedev community which, tbh, has been a great experience!

Nice to meet you all!
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic