Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 08:03:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativesuperflat games now has a proper website
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: superflat games now has a proper website  (Read 2282 times)
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »

It's my first go building one of these.  In some cases I wanna change the links to go to a blog page about specific games etc.  But it would be good to get your feedback as to how it is to use...

I kinda used the template Terry used for Distractionware - because I find that easy to use and to the point.

Cheers,

Jasper

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »

I've done more edits (like removing the horrible blue image boxes in some browsers) ... and put a Soundless Mountain homepage on the blog.

I'll be adding proper blog pages all my games with soon, just so they sort of have a proper home.  Would love any feedback on the way things are laid out, as it's my first website.

BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »

Website is looking good bro! It's a fine first effort... will look forward to reading a section about each game.  You should maybe warn non Mac owners that they can't plays some of them.  Keep on it, and let's hope we have some even bigger successes this year!

Another idea is to create a collage type Youtube clip showing off all the effects and characters in your games when you enter the site.  Not necessary though.

Avoid Javascript and SQL if you want to keep your sanity - although I'd like to see maybe a custom high score table on your site for your new Flash games.

Also you may be missing a <TD align=center>image</TD> on your table cells  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:40:51 AM by Barnaby Byrne » Logged
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »

Er, Jasper, do you have my statcounter page counting script on that page? I'm seeing it show up on my logs! Cheesy

Site looks great Beer! Actually it reminds me that I've been meaning to spruce up my own site for AGES.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »

Looking good. Minor nitpicks: I guess that you wanted to keep to colors in your logo, but yellow on white for mouseover is pretty hard to read. Titles in general might be too small, and it's a bit hard to tell that the blog link is a button at first glance.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 12:14:58 AM »

Er, Jasper, do you have my statcounter page counting script on that page? I'm seeing it show up on my logs! Cheesy

Site looks great Beer! Actually it reminds me that I've been meaning to spruce up my own site for AGES.

Who... Me?   Well, hello there!

Yeah when I say 'used the template' I mean ... copied it!  Hope you don't mind Terry...

[edit: of course I'll remove that line I missed at the end when I get home from work!]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:01:16 AM by Jasper Byrne » Logged

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »

Not too shabby. It's clean and to the point, and shows off your style.

Fuzz
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »

nice site. i've really enjoyed your games so far. cheers on having an organized place for people to download your work- i previously had a bit of trouble figuring out where all your games were.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 09:47:13 AM »

I've just updated the blog, giving it a new look and fixing all the broken bits.  Couple of new posts on there too...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic