Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411541 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: vicemask

May 03, 2024, 02:08:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeChat RPG Program.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chat RPG Program.  (Read 1737 times)
foxes8787
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »

I'm not sure if one like what i'm thinking of has been made, if it has please tell me.
I'm not a game developer myself but there is a program I would like to be created if anyone is up to the task.
Basically, its a chat box with some RPG features.
The RPG features would include stuff like a dice rolling system, being able to draw a map, upload and edit images(like character sheets),a simple level system (DM chooses when the player levels up and stuff) where the ability name is inserted and the level beside it, and the ability to manually write about a character (his/her stats and ability's and stuff, maybe only visible to the owner of the character and the DM).
Only the DM would have the ability to draw on the map.
And of course whatever stuff a chat box would normally have, name changing and commands and such.

This program would allow people to play Text RPGs online and have the freedom to use whatever rules they wish, which is what I have been looking for.
I'm really surprised there isn't one already.

Ninja

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 04:56:08 PM »

There are a couple out there, probably more. Off the top of my head, Fantasy Grounds. The wikipedia entry lists more. 

If you're talking about a more text-oriented program, what I've done in the past is played on IRC, and done character sheets and maps and stuff on Google Docs. A more unified tool is nicer probably, but I never bothered to try one out.
foxes8787
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 05:06:03 PM »

I was kinda talking about a more text program and I guess you could do it using separate programs. What I'm looking for is yeah, a program that allows you to do it all without any complications or just really simple to use without having to use other programs.

(Ive looked into Fantasy Grounds before and it looked pretty amazing, little disappointed that you have to pay but ill look into it a little more, who knows it might be worth it)
wallart
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »

I was kinda talking about a more text program and I guess you could do it using separate programs. What I'm looking for is yeah, a program that allows you to do it all without any complications or just really simple to use without having to use other programs.

(Ive looked into Fantasy Grounds before and it looked pretty amazing, little disappointed that you have to pay but ill look into it a little more, who knows it might be worth it)

how are you ?

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:02:38 AM »

how are you ?

this is refreshing. people on boards don't often enough stop and take the time to see how other people are feeling. Wink
foxes8787
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »

how are you ?

Haha im good, thanks for askin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic