Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411549 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: spitcards

May 03, 2024, 06:23:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFallen Angel Industries!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fallen Angel Industries!  (Read 4048 times)
Jesse
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »

Hi guys! Jesse here, formerly of Fallen Angel Industries. Since starting to post here on TIGSource recently, I've noticed that it seems a lot of people remember us! The group "disbanded" a few years ago (not officially, but activity and communication steadily declined), after most of us, including Beau and I, had to go get jobs and others started school and few of us could really commit to making games anymore. It was sad.  Cry

Anyways, Beau, David (Texmo), and I have become active again recently, and I thought it was a shame that there was no place to have proper info about and offer old Fallen Angel games now that our poor faind.com is currently being cybersquatted at...

A section of our new website where you can get info on and download most of your favorite FAIND games! Not all are up yet, but I'll get more up as I can. This page will likely be more static though, and not have news or any social or communal aspects, so I've also created a facebook page where we can put up old history, take comments, answer questions, and maybe even do silly stuff like offer esoteric quizzes and even possibly post pictures of Gustav...  Cheesy

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know! Hope you enjoy going through some of the old games and history and get a bit nostalgic!

Maybe even like us on facebook! [/shamelessfaindplug]

Bye!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:06:35 PM by Jesse » Logged

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 06:40:31 AM »

Ah the memories. Good to see these have a home again.

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:27:02 AM »

Now when somebody asks me for Douglas Circumstance, I won't have to spend an hour on Google!  Gentleman

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »

Man, this takes me back...

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
rhys_vdw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »

I remember you guys quite fondly from my Klik N Play days. I can't wait to play Siege again when I get home from work!

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »

Dude, no Factor X?!! Who, Me?
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »

I always wondered what happened to Factor X 2 after it moved to Moondrop Games (or whatever the site was called). Also the game was renamed to Sky something or other.

It's been a long time. My mind fails me. Sad

Beau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »

We debated about putting FX on there. But you're not the first person to ask, Derek. Seems like we might have to throw it up on the page after all. @Nugsy: You're thinking about War Angels. Hamish initially was going to make it a Factor X sequel, but Jesse and I already had one under construction, so Hamish opted for another title. Who knows if Jesse and I's super secret sequel will ever see the light of day :O

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »

Ahh War Angels, that's the one. What happened to it?
I also look forward to seeing the Factor X sequel, if it is released.

Nice to have you here, Beau. Smiley

Jesse
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »

Thanks for the kind words all!

@Aquin: Nice to know people'd been asking you for it all those years!

@Derek: What Beau said! Seems people want it though, so maybe I'll go ahead and put it up  Cool

@Nugsy: Hamish stopped development on it as far as I know. He actually hired me to do some concept work for it back in early 2007, but it didn't go very far. FX2 was far along conceptually, but Beau and I couldn't do what we wanted to in MMF without battling with it the entire time... Here's hoping it'll be in our futures!

Jesse
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 03:57:44 AM »

I remember you guys quite fondly from my Klik N Play days. I can't wait to play Siege again when I get home from work!

Also, Rhys!! I didn't notice your signature until just now. I totally remember you. Awesome.

Gendo Ikari
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »

Wow, good memories! I was going to ask about Bio-Hazard and if I was the only one who remembered it but I see it's on the Facebook page. There was also Elemental Panic Crash if I remember correctly, and another small game called Dr. Doc. I hope to see the entire FAIND "library" on that page eventually - Factor X included obviously Smiley

I'm glad to see these "tributes" appear. A problem with older indies (sometimes even not so old) is that they easily get lost and forgotten. Some of these FAIND games are certainly dated and show how much indie development has progressed and grown in the meantime, but others are still fine games many years later.
Jesse
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »

Wow, good memories! I was going to ask about Bio-Hazard and if I was the only one who remembered it but I see it's on the Facebook page. There was also Elemental Panic Crash if I remember correctly, and another small game called Dr. Doc. I hope to see the entire FAIND "library" on that page eventually - Factor X included obviously Smiley

I'm glad to see these "tributes" appear. A problem with older indies (sometimes even not so old) is that they easily get lost and forgotten. Some of these FAIND games are certainly dated and show how much indie development has progressed and grown in the meantime, but others are still fine games many years later.
You're right! There were a lot more Fallen Angel titles throughout the years than are currently available in the vault. Part of the reason Beau and I put up these games and not some of the others is for the very reason you said, that they're extremely dated. We didn't think anyone needed to play the "DeMilo 2" or "Itsumo" demos again...  Corny Laugh

I thought the facebook page would be a good place for that, where we could wax nostalgic about the whole history, but maybe we'll go ahead and put up all the finished ones at least Beer!

-Z-
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »

Jesus christ, this takes me back : D

I used to play Siege a lot and Factor X was also a very nice game. I'm happy to see that you're back!
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »

Faind was my inspiration.  You guys set the bar high and showed what could truly be done with the chisel and hammer known to us as Klik n Play, Click and Create, The Games Factory, Multimedia Fusion Express, Multimedia Fusion, and other great Clickteam(TM) software.  Thanks for being such badasses.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:46:32 PM by xerus » Logged
easynam
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »

Always loved your games :D nice to see that there's somewhere to access them all in one place again.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic