Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 08:19:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955882 times)
Chelle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7280 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »

Hi,

My name is chelle, I live in Brussels - Belgium.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:40:59 AM by Chelle » Logged

Dance…even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room. (Mary Schmich - Wear Sunscreen - Baz Luhrmann)
Gluntronics
Level 0

The Future is Here ©1996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7281 on: April 20, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »

Hello! I'm Thom, as in Thomas. As a young chap, I'm talking 6-7 I was so intrigued by the inner workings of our game console that I "borrowed" the family's NES and performed a dissection pretending to understand the pieces inside. Luckily I was able to get it back together in working order.

Now this would be a great opener to explain how I dove into the world of coding video games and became the next undiscovered John Carmack... yeah that would be great wouldn't it? Instead I was lazy and player more games than I could count. Around late middle school and high school I started dipping my toes into the modding scene but it was always on the level design and art side.

I had another passion, video. I focused my effort on that, went to college and graduated. I have since professionally been directing music videos, commercials, shorts and other moving images. I always dreamed of the time where I had enough disposable income to hire a team of talented individuals to join me in making games.

Well a few months back I decided that now was a time as good as any to start taking this interest seriously and built a team (without all of that disposable income) to start working on a game. A game that we would love to play. So here's to that.  Coffee

I live in Los Angeles, love videos as much as video games and enjoy conversation about both of them so feel free to reach out if you do too.

gerardrallo
Level 0

Gerard Rallo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7282 on: April 21, 2014, 01:20:39 AM »

Hi,

My name is Gerard Rallo, originally from Barcelona, now based in Tokyo.
I make a lot of different things.

From crazy helmets:

To minimal looking games:

I am usually lock up in my bat-cave building stuff,
but I've just finished a game! So... I thought it would be good to come out for a bit, and share it with people.
( Well, to be fair, I am not really going out for sharing it on the internet... But I do go out! )

My site, for more info:

http://www.gerardrallo.net

Play \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"double drop\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" <br />www.gerardrallo.net/doubledrop
levocakes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: April 21, 2014, 08:06:36 AM »

Hey everyone I am student and I use html5/javascript to create games! I entered this years Clay.io got game? competition. It is called Bleu et Rouge and is a bullet hell shooter.

You can play it here http://bleuetrouge.clay.io/
Netforza
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: April 21, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm Sergio, I'm experienced software developer and recently I've started to develop games, I plan soon to post our games to Feedback forum.
JGarvin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: April 21, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »

Hey Everyone! Nice to meet you. My name is Joel Garvin, Game Developer, 3D Artist, and Co-founder of Black Howler Studios in Seattle, WA, USA.

Today I would like to share our Kickstarter for Iron Star, a WWI Steampunk Tower Defense game. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackhowlerstudios/iron-star

I grew up playing videogames with my brothers and friends, and then going outside to reenact them and reinvent them. Since then, I have become a 3D artist and game designer making games with friends for future players to share a collective experience and make memories like mine. We would love your support in becoming a larger contributor to the community.
16BitLove
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: April 21, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »

Hello!  I've been pretty much stalking this site for the past year or so and I thought to myself "why am I still not on here?"  So hi.

I'm a former art major that can't stop playing video games and I do spritework and conceptual artwork for fun.  Can't program, though.  My Programming 2 teacher killed the interest by never actually talking about programming.
Insentience
Level 0

Professional C++ Wrestler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7287 on: April 22, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »

Hello

I'm Insentience, and I'm currently working on a 2d RPG with 2 of my friends. We're still quite early in development and eventually we might search for at least one more person to join us.

This site looks nice. I like nice sites. I think I'll stay here :3

Coza
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: April 22, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »

So hi there, I got recommended to join this site by a good friend of mine.
I've not got a whole load of experience with game creation just yet, I used to mess around in super basic engines and well.

I'm learning little bits and pieces of UDK, Maya, Game Maker and similar products in College at the moment.

I am however, really passionate about learning how to use Game Maker more efficiently.

My main interests involve art
(My Deviant art here v )
http://cozah.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sorry this is a pretty poor introduction; I guess the whole concept of this place is pretty overwhelming.
MontyOnTheRun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: April 22, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »

Ok, here we go. Facepalm
I like playing games, especially simulations and small RPGs. I've been doing FPSs and Arcade Games for quite sometime, but now I'm all for a fresh start, doing simple puzzles first and I guess I'm ready to take my first steps into more complex RPG and Strategy games. Wizard
Maybe someday I will finally reach that little something that prevents me to create a cool sim (maybe Submarines?). Coffee

I'm a 29-old-fart from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I must admit - I'm somewhat avert to using stuff from others (not built here!) and I tend to like open source. Hand Money Left Shrug
armedpatriots
Level 0

Game Designer/ Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #7290 on: April 22, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »

Hey everyone. I am very excited to join the community! My name is Ryan Flowers and I am a programmer/designer. I have been working on a few different small projects in Game Maker as well as Unity and I cannot wait to contribute something into the feedback forum.
   My favorite games tend to be role playing games and platformers. I grew up playing all the platformers through the NES and SNES generations(Super Mario World is the best...just saying). After that I jumped into the world of RPG's, and I could not pull myself away from them ever since. I was a huge fan of pretty much all of the Final Fantasy's (except 13...I mean really)as well as many others.
   More recently I have found myself playing any and every indie game I get my hands on. Some of my favorites have been, Spelunky (shout out to Derek, Spelunky is by far one of the best games of the generation), Bastion, Limbo, Dust: An Elysian Tail, FTL, and so many more that I do not have time to mention. I am most looking forward to Child Of Light and Transistor in the future.
   I am already getting anxious to dive into the boards and see what my fellow developers/gamer's are up to. Thank you guys for creating an awesome community and I am glad that I get to be a part of it. Talk to you soon.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison
ZombieFrog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7291 on: April 22, 2014, 07:22:41 PM »

Sup gang!

I've been lurking around here for a month. Been a game programmer for 17 years and only now getting to build my own games instead of others. Currently using Unity (which I find to be joyous) and MonoDevelop (which I find to be a klunkfest) to develop some apps and games.

As a learning project, I decided to take a super simple concept from idea all the way to the mobile app store. Started just one month ago and today it's published on the Google Play app store (iOS to follow, it has more hoops to jump thru).

That app, which I'm totally proud of, is Advice Skull, a 10000 year old skull that dishes out advice to those in need. Check it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pierwild.adviceskull

Also dev blogging the experience at http://www.pierwild.com where I will astound you with my amazing powers of narrative.

Next up is a fancier game with music and spots and distractions. Should be fun!
KatacombStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7292 on: April 23, 2014, 01:29:17 AM »

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, kilrathi attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Vega System. I watched bfg 9000 beams obliterate demons in the moons of Mars. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Hi there!

I'm a pc gamer (and developer) who started playing videogames almost twenty years ago. When I was young me and my brother had a dream, making our own games! And we've just started in the industry!  Grin
I'm the programmer, and he is the "artist", he does the music, sounds, graphics and all that stuff.

I remember a lot of games from my childhood, but the most important for me are those that follow (I even play many of them from time to time with Dosbox emulator!)

-Wolfenstein 3d: the origin. I think I've the demo disquette around here anywhere :D Me and my brother played this game a lot, hitting space around every wall trying to find every secret! That was fun, and difficult!

-Doom series: what can I say? My first lan experiencie! Geared with a null modem cable we played that game so much that even our cousin joined us! We played doom 1, doom 2, hundreds of mods, we also made maps, graphics, small game modifications, we even made our own Dragon Ball mod for it! Oh those times, they were so great... and that LL3 dos program, soooo slow! I wouldn't forget that!

-Civilization/colonization: I was young, and those games were pretty difficult for me, but I keep playing them because of the feeling of progress. I can't play modern recreations of those games a lot of time, I give them one go and that's it, I've played the old ones so many times... I was saving almost all the time and reloading, you know, that's the advantage over consoles!!  Corny Laugh

-Master of magics: that IS THE turn based game for excelence. Lots of races, spells and possibilities! Can't believe almost 20 years later there's a real competition for that game. Yeah there are projects that are near it, but for me that game is one of the best. I keep playing it from time to time! I don't care if their pixels are 32x32 real screen pixels  Tears of Joy

-Dune 2 & Warcraft: we found dune2 trying some games, and we were really in love with that game! Yeah it had difficult missions, but it was so great... and then somebody bought us the cd edition of warcraft: orcs & humans. It was great too. We played them a lot. I ended up playing Warcraft a lot, and even more in lan play with my brother. He didn't play it like a pro vs me, so he ended up losing, but I know he was letting me win  Roll Eyes

-UFO - Enemy Unknown: oh those aliens... I've played that game like a hundred times, I keep playing it even today. I started playing a demo with my father, we thought it was very difficult, we didn't know the controls and we ended up throwing the weapons to the aliens!  Cheesy Then we got the full version. It was great, a lot of hours spended there. I was looking through the windows at night every 5 minutes, fearing an alien would kill me or something  Who, Me? For me it has no real competition even today...

-Adventure classics: I would say Monkey Island, the first and one of the best adventure games. I keep playing it today with my brother. Indiana Jones games were fantastic too. I also remember loom as a different game, it was original and we liked it also, then we become musicians and we think it's even better than what we thought then!  Tongue

-Nowadays games: Wolfenstein enemy territory, my father told me about that free game, I couldn't believe, I tried it, and loved it. For me it even stays the nº1 man-only (no vehicles) cooperative fps. Love the controls, the ambience, the original missions (I can't stand most player created maps sorry...).
World of Warcraft, yeah I can't stop playing it, I left it 1 year ago, and my friends forced me to play it again, it's not easy to find a man playing with a tank and a healer/dps at the same time, is it?  WTF

-I know I'm forgetting a lot of pc games but those are unforgetable... By the way we never played console games, our father made a wise choice: you choose, pc games or consoles, I won't pay for both of them! Thanks dad!  Gomez

Well that was a nice brick of text, I'm sorry! Now I'm gonna show you our first creation, an android game. Take a look at the Nekronoid post in the townhall and share your experiences! We hope we will make better and more original games soon!!

captain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7293 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »

Hello Fellow Indie Developers! Smiley

I am totally new to this forum, so I'd like to intriduce myself  Beer!
My name is Mathias, I am 34 years old and live and work in Berlin, Germany. For the past 8 years, I did web-app development in consulting and start up companies, mainly as team lead or technical project manager.... Since this involves more of concepting and communicating (which I also like to do), as a developer, I always kept my hobby: programming games... Since the game I was working on the past 4 years - The Terminal Angel Disease - is on a level where I can adapt feedback quickly, I'd like to introduce it to the public Smiley. I'm planning to start a thread in the dev blog forum soon.

I started developing games 20 years ago (you can find some unsorted work on my old 'official' webpage: www.captainsoft.de Smiley

Ahh so far after checkin some of the games here, I realize I still got the indie-spirit inside... I hope I can spent more time here in the future   Smiley

See ya all Smiley

Pitoum
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7294 on: April 24, 2014, 05:40:03 AM »

Hi there!

So, I'm Pitoum or Brice (depending where we met), 26 years old, and French.
I lived in several french cities, but right now I'm in Dijon which you necessarily because from THERE comes the mustard. Our gift to you ^^

I don't define myself as an indie developer, I'm more a curious/experimental/enthusiastic guy who try to make stuff, including small video games.
I'm currently writing my thesis about video game industry and the rise of indie games, so if your interested to talk about your experience as a game developer (pro or not) PLEASE contact me Smiley I'd love to do some skype sessions about what you do and how you do it.

I introduce myself today because I just began a new small 1v1 basket game, and I'll need some feedbacks soon enough.

Among others thing I already did these games:

LUPA (with www.dziff.com) - http://lupa.pitoum.net
Webcam and mic are required to enjoy it. You play a prostitute trying to get customers y showing her/your boobs. Then fake orgasms to satisfy them.

Milmiliar - http://milmiliar.pitoum.net/
I did this one for a game jam. This is a very simple platformer where each platform is a word to reveal. It's inspired from Raymond Queneau's work, so each verse is choosen by the player's movements. Each player gets a different poem.
I'm currently working on an english (and improved) version.

So, that is for me and video games.
Well there are some other things, but I let you check out yourself if you're interested: http://www.pitoum.net.
Also I'm in the Klondike Collective (http://www.klondike.fr.

I'm glad to be here!
I let you with a tiny preview of the 1v1 basketball game mentioned above:

More soon I hope!

See you all!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:51:47 AM by Pitoum » Logged
gavanw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7295 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »

Hi, my name is Gavan Woolery and I am currently living in San Diego, CA (originally from Napa, CA).

I swear I had posted in this thread like 5 years ago but I couldn't find it so I am reposting just to be safe.  Mostly a long-time lurker here (I've been reading TIGSource and the forums for around a decade).

I am a programmer (pretty good), artist (pretty bad), composer (very bad), and dog-wrangler (helpless).

Twitter is here
Facebook is here

From newest to oldest:

I am currently working on the game Voxel Quest

(video is

)

I worked on many experimental engines (2006-2013):

I worked on Genesis 2004-2006

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: April 24, 2014, 12:16:36 PM »

those experimental engine screenshots look pretty great.

welcome to the forums!  Smiley
MAVW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7297 on: April 24, 2014, 01:32:47 PM »

Hello people of the internet! I'm MAVW
I'm a game designer and pixel artist mostly working solo on my games and prototypes. I also love to mess around with creative coding stuff with processing and doing some good ol' glitch art. I'd say right now, experimental is my middle name.

I love games with good narratives and vibes (FEZ, MOTHER, Gone Home...) Right now pretty excited with OMORI, the OMOCAT game.
I remember playing games like Mario world, Sonic, Dragon Quest and Pokemon a lot. I was team sonic all the way, drew levels of sonic on large pieces of paper, fun times.

Avantharis
Level 0

Fan of jrpg, j-fashion, rpg, strategy

View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: April 24, 2014, 02:10:28 PM »

Hello everyone! I am happy to join this community.

I am graduated in history, but right now I am doing a vocational course in Graphical Design. I am fan of anime and manga, mostly the shoujo (girl´s manga/anime) which is my main inspiration, mostly themes I draw are often modern japanese fashion, historical (weapons, armors)and fantasy (my favorite). I do love costume and concept design of characters.

My favorite games are strategy games, specially the ones from Paradox, JRPGs and visual novels. And I do plan to write and design a visual novel and in the while looking for freelance.

My Pixiv Profile (Illustrations): https://pixiv.me/avantharis
My Artstation Profile (3D Model, Illustrations): https://www.artstation.com/artist/avantharis
Dawnfall_Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7299 on: April 24, 2014, 11:36:03 PM »

Well, my name is Cory and i'm a beginner programmer and game dev. I've always wanted to have my own game development team and make awesome games. (Well i've got most of that down.)

Oh, and here's what I look like with an awesome pair of glasses on...

oh, and just because...
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic