Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411610 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 01:04:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCurse of the Crescent Isle
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Curse of the Crescent Isle  (Read 4329 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »

Okay I tried it.
I had no problem having it run but that's because I have the whole XNA3.1 sdk installed on my PC Shrug

first impressions:
-change the controls for something more standard than "FD", it took me a lot of time to realize I could play it (A LOT of people will want to play it without a pad, just accept it)
-wow, those graphics are really old school , I mean REAALLLLYY old school.
-I quit because I couldn't make a jump, (it's at the area with TRD8 for password). I hope it's the end of the demo because this jump is fucking impossible
-Good points: there are some really great platforming mechanisms going on here, it was globally very fun, maybe a bit short , but I don't really know

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Balrog
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »

Thanks for playing it!

I'm working on adding a custom controls option to the game. I'm not sure which part you got stuck on but were you holding 'F' to run when you jumped? If that doesn't fix it then you'll need to use an enemy as a platform or jump while grabbing and release to do a boost jump or something.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 09:40:31 AM »

were you holding 'F' to run when you jumped?
Ah yes I forgot about that. I didn't have to use the dash at all before that. (I was stuck at the place where you have to jump blocks, just after the cave where you have to freeze a lot of fireballs)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic