Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 10:40:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOne-Eyed Monsters on 8-Bit Funding
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: One-Eyed Monsters on 8-Bit Funding  (Read 895 times)
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »

Everyone's plugging their games on 8BF right now, so I will too. One-Eyed Monsters is currently on 8-Bit Funding!

You can watch the video there for a basic overview, or check out its TIGSource Devlog or the OEM Blog.

For the moment it looks as though OEM has the most money of any project on 8BF. This is just a bug! Cardinal Quest has over $1000 already, but the numbers aren't tallying correctly. I've been told that OEM's $285 is accurate at the moment. But I'm almost 1/3 of the way there!

And to answer a question preemptively: my only completed game so far is a MiniLD entry, Grey. It's tiny and insubstantial, mostly and experiment in testing my new knowledge of Game Maker. I'll probably return to it someday and expand on it.

It's been raising hell in other threads, so I'll say it now: in an ideal world, I'd rather have made some small games or shown off a more advanced prototype of OEM before crowdfunding for it, but the site was going to go live and I figured it would never have more attention than when it was brand new, so I took a chance. It's why I made a very small ask ($1000, the smallest on the site). Donate or don't, but if the project sounds interesting to you, please repost!

Thanks!
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 06:16:23 AM »

As a fellow tutor (I'm also a part-time teacher), you have my empathy.

You should make at least a mock-up level of the game and present it as a demo or in a video, since you already the basics for prototyping. It should help prospective donators have a better understanding of who the game would look and play.

Good luck.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »

Yeah, been working on that for the past few days. I'm wary to try updating the page because the site is fairly buggy. Sometimes an update might bring your page down for a while.

There's some finished level art, though, and some new animations. We'll see if I can get them up soon. Thanks for the kind words!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic