Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411618 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 01:42:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPlay Coordinate Quest on February 2nd
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Play Coordinate Quest on February 2nd  (Read 745 times)
Tom Sennett
Level 3

Indie Game Legend

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »

HEY GUYS Well, hello there!

I've been working with a professor here at Penn State on this game, see, called Coordinate Quest. It's like a procedurally generated 2D Zelda game that you play by yourself, with other people.

The idea is that you're searching for these muffins,

and the world is too large and complex for one person to find them alone in a reasonable amount of time.

So, you have to organize a team and coordinate your search across the map. The catch is that the game provides no support for this - it's not networked; you're each playing your own copy of the game, and there's no chat function or anything. You have to build your team outside the game, using tools and networks that are already out there.

To win, someone has to e-mail me a list containing the coordinates of every muffin hidden in the game. This person and his/her teammates may receive a fabulous prize. Or maybe not, I'm still working on that. No promises.

But it should be fun anyway! The first round will be this Wednesday, February 2nd at 6:00 pm EST. If you're interested, sign up for this Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142021009192226 You don't need Facebook to play, the event is just to give me an idea of how many people will be playing. I've also set up a blog here: http://cquest.tumblr.com/ to house general info about the project.

What say you, gentlemen?  Gentleman

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic