Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 10:38:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRework the Dead: Evil
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rework the Dead: Evil  (Read 1164 times)
Beaker
Level 0

Mathematically In(s)ane

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:22:11 AM »

TRAILER (links to YouTube):

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD HERE

RTD:E is a platformer zombie game with tones of blood.  Weapons, bosses, limbs, the whole deal.  You move with the WASD keys, and use to the mouse to aim and shoot things into bloody pixel goodness.  Every weapon comes with two firing modes, which differ based on the weapon chosen (for example: the pistol's alt-fire is to throw a grenade, while the shotgun (which can load up to three shells at a time in the barrel) can fire either a short automatic burst (primary fire), or fire all the shells in the barrel as a single slug (alt-fire)).  Qualo also put some pretty awesome music in there too.

Just download, extract, and run engine.exe.

More information available at its web page.

=== Other Notes ===

If you're having a lot of difficulty, then you're either forgetting that using adrenaline recovers some of your health, or you're not being careful enough with your aim.  If you're having problems with a particular level or boss, you can also read the included "hints.txt" file.

Happy Groundhog Day!
Beaker
Level 0

Mathematically In(s)ane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:31:14 PM »

Awesome graphics! I especially like the look of the blood. I checked the YouTube video, and I'm gonna download and try the game later. It looks a lot like Crackdotcoms old game Abuse, which I played for many hours back in the days. I'm guessing it's been a source of inspiration to you? Smiley

Abuse was definitely one of the big influences for this game.  The shooting mechanic, as well as the ambushes, were inspired directly from a playthrough of Abuse before I started designing the mechanics.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic