Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 10:27:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPlunderers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Plunderers  (Read 2058 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:23:21 PM »

PLUNDERERS

Originally made for a poppenkast 5-hour competition about animals. I completely blew over the time limit, spent probably over 24 hours on the game so far!

Look for treasure in a dark ocean abyss! You have a rag tag team of awesome animals to dive in and explore the depths with! You have to swim back up to the surface every now and then to empty your bag of treasure, then go back in.

There isn't a goal to the game yet, just lots of treasure to find. The closest thing to a goal right now is to find the giant chest in the bottom of the abyss. I'm not actually sure where ill take this from here. Maybe multiple areas to explore, maybe adding enemies that move around, adding more unique abilities to the divers. Ill definitely need to animate the divers too, right now they're just single frames, with a bit of scaling to serve as a swim animation.
Some of the divers are a bit useless too.

download dat thang
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:21:20 PM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

CosmicMaher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 04:07:15 AM »

badass
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:27:23 PM »

Updated the game! Changed prices and treasure value around, added upgrades to buy in addition to hiring divers, fixed some little bugs, made some divers more useful. I also changed the timing on the enemies that grow as time passes: added one stage to their growth and slowed it down. I also changed a few things to make the game a bit faster. Next, ill add some new enemies and unique visual elements (ship debris, coral reefs, animated, inoffensive life in the background maybe?)

Zenorf
Level 1

Because it had to be done

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »

I like the turtle with his little knowing smile,
and the big evil slug monster on your portfolio.
Need a lot of salt to kill that bad boy.

Failure is not an option, but it's always a possibility.

www.radiationburn.net
CosmicMaher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 02:22:59 PM »

It's cool. I like the idea. One thing you might do is make the little dudes on the walls that hurt the player pop out more visually, I frequently hit them without seeing them at all because they are so dark. Collision is less than smooth too, but it's nifty.
lasttea999
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

Very nice! I particularly like the graphics. I found the controls a bit difficult, but that might just be my gaming skills doing the talking...

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »

Hey dude, this is awesome. <3

But uh, you can go into debt by reviving dead folk when you ain't got enough money? and I got the cockroach above his max health by doing this?

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 05:02:16 AM »

I tweaked some problems, new version is up. There were some bugs with the buying like the one Xion mentioned (thanks Xion!). I also edited some of the divers again, made the large characters' attacks stronger in overall. Going to maybe work on a title screen today to replace that ugly black screen with text.

Thanks for the comments!

CosmicMaher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 05:26:19 AM »

Much better on the smoothness, unless it's placebic.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 06:59:04 AM »

Heh, I did change some of the movement variables, but I didn't touch collisions yet. Maybe you're just getting better...

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »

A friend of mine reported that the game had this very weird glitch on his computer that really hurts the eyes:

Anyone else has this? I'm thinking its probably a bug with the blending mode I'm using or something, or maybe a surface isn't clearing right because of a weird behavior of his video card.
He says that the blurring is worse when you are higher in the abyss, and the view becomes clearer as you go deep.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic