Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 12:50:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGarfeild Adventure
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Garfeild Adventure  (Read 8200 times)
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2010, 01:59:43 AM »

"oh man, GARFEILD ADVENTURE is some lynchian shit right there"
-Six

My game from the original 1-hour POPOVKAST, now with a brand spanking flash build: http://www.klikscene.com/flash/garfeild.html

And the original KnP version can be found here: http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/blog/578
tim_the_tam
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:11:32 AM »

disturbing..

increpare
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:12:12 AM »

What are the controls?  At some point I disappeared.
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 03:38:11 AM »

Shift is jump and also shoot a spider for some reason. Ctrl is de-garfield.

Edit: I added instructions.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:42:20 AM by Radix » Logged
increpare
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 03:42:28 AM »

oh - hah!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 03:52:33 AM »

Someone (by which I mean Fuzz) should frontpage this for some hilarious flames.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 08:38:19 AM »

Awesome, I think that game makes a perfect job at letting us experience Garfield's everyday life in 1st person.
I you think about the original Garfield from the comic, he must spend his day moving from room to room listening to his masters ramblings, and the occasional spider shooting.

Also: MMF to flash plugin. You must be the first to publish something with that no?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
pgil
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 08:42:46 AM »

Someone (by which I mean Fuzz) should frontpage this for some hilarious flames.
Yes, please.
FiaStarta
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 09:50:27 AM »

I'm about to lose all hope here. Are you posting that kind of crap just to troll & laugh behind your screen? Or did you really think that this piece of shit was even worth showing to the public?

Epileptic

Awesome, I think that game makes a perfect job at letting us experience Garfield's everyday life in 1st person.
I you think about the original Garfield from the comic, he must spend his day moving from room to room listening to his masters ramblings, and the occasional spider shooting.

WOW, someone even tried to make some sense out of that crap. This is one art game.

Oh and before you get angry about my reply: my reply was art. That's right, I'm making artsy replies, you cannot critisize them, I'm behind my artsy shield.
Ashkin
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »

Inb4 art game argument.

It was nice to let out my rage at Jon. Why didn't you let me kill Odie?
But still, WTF
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 12:13:39 PM »

If an artgame discussion erupted here, I'm pretty sure Radix would just laugh.

And laugh.

And laugh.

And laugh.

And laugh.

And laugh.
And laugh.
And laugh.
  And laugh.   And laugh.  And laugh. And laugh.And laugh. And laugh.
And laugh.                         And laugh.                                               And laugh.
laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh laughlaugh    laughlaugh
laugh  laugh laugh :D laughlaugh :DDD laughlaughlaugh      laugh                     :Dlaugh
  laugh Cheesy laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh
   laugh laugh laugh laugh Cheesy laugh
    Pixel 38 Pixel 30 Cheesy laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh
     laughlaugh Cheesy laughlaugh
      Pixel 30 laugh  Pixel 38 laugh laugh Cheesy                      Cheesy
           laugh Cheesy laugh Cheesy Pixel 17 CheesyCheesy
               CheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesy
                 CheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesy
                      CheesyCheesyCheesyCheesy
                             CheesyCheesyCheesyCheesy
                                          CheesyCheesy
                Cheesy help Cheesy                Cheesy
       CheesyCheesyCheesy           CheesyCheesy             Cheesy
    Cheesy                            Cheesy            Cheesy
   Cheesy              Cave StoryEvil:crazy:Cheesy              Cheesy
     Cheesy                                       Cheesy
       CheesyCheesyCheesy                       CheesyCheesy
                CheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesyCheesy

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »

I'm about to lose all hope here. Are you posting that kind of crap just to troll & laugh behind your screen? Or did you really think that this piece of shit was even worth showing to the public?

Epileptic

WOW, someone even tried to make some sense out of that crap. This is one art game.

Oh and before you get angry about my reply: my reply was art. That's right, I'm making artsy replies, you cannot critisize them, I'm behind my artsy shield.
0/10, you didn't expres anything personal.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 01:05:03 PM »

hasbgj, sfaerfs dfassfsf cthulhu ftagn sfsfaww ass. sfarwa gtssdhaahgf hakjkjsahh. radix teesdgd aightiijj sauhjt!

I have a theory: The spiders in the game symbolize the way how Jon thinks having Garfield as a pet or having pets overall makes his dark thoughts easier to bear. However, Garfield's tendency to create witty punchlines and overall "think" about Jon in a mocking way is poisonous to Jon's mind, only benefitting the cat. This is symbolized by the shooting of the spiders: Spiders let smaller insects to their web, only to store them and consume them later. Garfield acts the same - it eats Jon's food and love, and gives only twisted comments. Odie is a metaphor of Jons poor self-esteem. Garfield continuously pushes it down tables etc to represent the fact that Jon's self-esteem is continuously being hammered by Garfields evil aura, eventually breaking, as shown in the game. The fact that you can't kill Odie shows however that no matter how much Garfield mocks Jon, there's always something left. By killing himself, Jon released those last bits of his inner self (represented by Odie) hopefully to a better place.

My five thousand cents. Perfect game.

FiaStarta
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »

This is symbolized by the shooting of the spiders:

I don't think they're spiders, I think he's shooting dog (or cat?) piles, symbolizing the fact that the game is shit.

I think the most ironic in this game is the time it takes to load.

If an artgame discussion erupted here, I'm pretty sure Radix would just laugh

Even if his goal was to make the worst shit ever to laugh at the snobs debating about it, he failed, because we've seen even shittier games in this forum. Remember the one with a monkey dancing or something, with zero interaction & a paid ending.
CosmicMaher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 01:20:56 PM »

Epileptic

Haha oh man, I want to make games like this now just to aggravate people like you. How could you be so incredibly silly as to take this in any way seriously?
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 01:24:49 PM »

Why didn't you let me kill Odie?
The spiders are metaphoric. And, in any case, did Garfield really kill Jon, or did Jon's fantasy of intelligent housepets play into even his final moments? Is the cat an 'angel of death', or a fictional proxy for Jon's secret desires--the dog-abusing, lasagne-scarfing vehicle for an anemic, unsociable faggot?
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 01:47:03 PM »

Mondays.

hi
FiaStarta
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »

How could you be so incredibly silly as to take this in any way seriously?

Maybe you're not, but believe me, some are.

There are people staring at abstract art in galleries, and they're dead serious. And no one will ever dare to give his real opinion about the crap he's watching, as he'd pass for uneducated. This is slowly happening to games here, so some of you need to get their faces slapped for them to wake up. Both the little brats who make shmups that delete files, and the snobs who are praising them, so that they will continue doing it.

CosmicMaher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 01:52:33 PM »

What's wrong with abstract art? Some it is pretty cool. I mean it's pretty basic and foundational though so not a lot of specific stuff can be delivered through it Smiley
FiaStarta
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 02:02:11 PM »

It's not so much the abstract art that's wrong, I can even enjoy the beauty of a simple color gradient. When people gather around a gradient on a canvas and start discussing about the message hidden behind it, that's wrong. (& when a gradient sells for several millions, that's not even wrong (it's an investment no less stupid than gold or printed money), but let's not mix the value & artistic quality)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic