Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411631 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 06:01:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingExodus WIP my new Gameboy style game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Exodus WIP my new Gameboy style game  (Read 1270 times)
makis
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:50:52 AM »

Hi all
This is my new game. It's a simple platform game using gameboy palette and running at 320X270. It's still a work in progress, however I would be more than happy to hear your comments,suggestions etc
PS How on earth can i add a screenshot??
Download link below:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymjm1izmzyg
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:26:07 PM by makis » Logged
Frostblade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

I gave it a try. The main frustration- that actually caused me to give up the game early- was that the jumping enemies seemed to jump at entirely random intervals. Being killed by bad luck should never happen, and by the third time it did, I was kind of too disillusioned to continue.

It wasn't helped by the fact that each death set me back to the start of the level, forcing me to play through the first two minutes or so again.

You could probably lessen the blow by bringing in a checkpoint system, but if you'd rather preserve the game's challenge while keeping it fair, I'd just give the jumping enemies a clear pattern. Perhaps they jump every three seconds, jump as frequently as possible, or jump whenever they come into contact with an invisible "trigger" block.
makis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »

Hi Frostblade
The enemies jump upon coming in contact with an invisible trigger! You are propably right about the checkpoint system but on the other hand if the player starts from the point he died then it gonna take about one minute for an average player to finish the level.

Thanks for your remarks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic