Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 11:48:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLeave Home
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Leave Home  (Read 9102 times)
MattJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2009, 03:35:10 AM »

Hmmm I dunno, there were a lot of people who couldn't run the PC press preview version of Leave Home, probably about 30%, perhaps they did do something wrong.

Releasing on PC was a pain with fren-ze, 'troid and mariopac. I prefer a fixed platform. All the screen display stuff and input handling, everyone having different setups etc. Perhaps if MS did PC distribution on Windows Live like the 360 system.

scruffy hermitgamestwitter
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 05:06:22 AM »

dunno, I don't really see all the difficult or coding a config screen that let you choose a resolution and customize your input.
PC are much standardized now than in the past, you just need to target a specific shader version and the graphics will run the same way in every gpu, there are a lot of cool libraries for input and sound doing the hard work for you too, you can treat PC almost like a fixed platform and without the silly limitations xna on the xbox has, it's not like your game is Crysis or whatever and to keep a good framerate on xbox I bet it's already quite fast (my older pc runs every xna stuff up to 5-6 times faster than xbox 360, my main one hundred times)
Good luck with the game anyway Smiley looks great

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
gorgyme
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »

This looks really epic, and I too am saddened by the lack of PC distribution. Whilst a lot of PCs are different with regards to components, so long as you make sure they are all told the same things, they will all do them the same way...
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »

Friend told me about this game today, tracked it down on XBIG, loved the trial so bought it. Top notch game, hope it does well for you.

MattJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 09:34:49 AM »

PC version now out:
http://hermitgames.com/games/leave-home.html

I ditched XNA and rewrote it in C++ / DirectX8 so it ought to run on most peoples machines pretty well.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »

Odd that you don't support 16:10 resolutions. I just ran it in a window and it was fine though.

Fun little game, good performance and awesome visuals though. and 5 bucks is a steal.

congrats on the pc release  Beer!
MattJ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 04:48:36 AM »

ah 16:10, yeah I'll add that to the next version

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic