Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 09:22:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestinglonely hermit dorf (v0.00000002x) [not KotMK]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: lonely hermit dorf (v0.00000002x) [not KotMK]  (Read 5958 times)
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »

There are two types of edible plants if you can sort them out from the rest of the green ascii mess.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 09:33:45 AM »

Is there a way to grow more right off the bat? Just the small number you get at the beginning is hardly enough to sustain me. Also, my dorf seems to get hungry at a far too unrealistic rate.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 10:25:26 AM »

You can plant the seeds immediately after eating one type of plant. As long as you have at least two planted one of them should grow back before you get too hungry. Stockpiling a few inside at the beginning is a good idea since they'll grow into trees if left outside.
There's no way to get extra plants, since I had to manage the object limit carefully.
If I recall correctly one batch of extra roots will grow outside after a while just in case you screwed up early on.

Whenever I get around to doing the new version I'll make hunger a bit more forgiving since there'll be more stuff to do. (The original 2-hour version pretty much only had eating, digging and starving.)
craigtimpany
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »

I hear that if you survive 5 winters, the dorf proclaims himself Baron and then refuses to respond to keypresses.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 03:06:10 PM »

is there any way one could mod this so one could play as a giant cave spider with webbing attachments or continue after the last dorf is dead.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »

augh, now that I get it this is awesome.

I forgot to rebuild the trap protecting my entrance though and an elephant got in just as I started thirsting, and I couldn't reach the drink-stuff in time.

fun stuff though.

Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 05:05:11 PM »

is there any way one could mod this so one could play as a giant cave spider with webbing attachments or continue after the last dorf is dead.
Easy!
Step 1) Aquire K&P or K&P for Schools.
Step 2) Become a KLIK WIZARD.
Step 3) Molest dorfs.gam
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 10:28:29 AM »

I'm still completely amazed this is made in KnP. Seriously, most KnP stuff I've seen is hopelessly buggy and barely functional. Last I heard it was a challenge to do scrolling in that damn thing, and you manage to make a game that would be considered pretty decent by most measures, and that lacks any major bugs.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »

I've put up a Flash version: http://www.klikscene.com/flash/dorfs.html
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 03:52:49 AM »

I keep dying from thirst more than food and how do you trap?
I keep a life preserver (bed and plants) for those long digs. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:59:35 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 04:34:57 AM »

Sorry for being a noob, but could we perhaps get some tutorial on this?^.^;
I walked around, chopped some trees, ate some plants and planted their seeds, and drank some stuff from a barrel. Then an E started following me, and I tried interacting with it, I tried digging, I tried building, and I tried refilling barrels (to no success, I might add); until suddenly I just died from depression.
It was kind of addicting, even though I didn't quite get what was going on, and so I think it could be heaps more fun if someone just told me how to play this game Tongue
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 02:42:08 PM »

Sure man, no problem.

That E is an elephant, and it hates you. Unless you hide or take it out somehow it'll kill you. (But if you can figure out a way to make it friendly it might come in useful.) Alternately you can eventually take them out with the secret weapon, but I'm not going to spoil that.

I don't think you can die from depression, it's just an inconvenience. A dorf's mood improves when he admires something fancy he's made.

It's possible to live forever provided you find a source of new drinks, and don't let too many edible plants mature outside.
Eraser
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »

I've put up a Flash version: http://www.klikscene.com/flash/dorfs.html
The website has apparently died, at least for the time being in my area. Now I can't download or play the flash version because your "alt" mirror was still @ the same site, which is rather silly.
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »

Edit: Edit: Nevermind, I had the links backward. The "silly" comment just irked me since it's on both servers (and my site is, anyway, still up).

I moved the GT attachment to the blog post itself to make it a bit more visible.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:42:52 PM by Radix » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic