Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:48:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1956022 times)
dasq
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: April 02, 2023, 01:15:09 AM »

Hi everyone! I'm dawnsqrl, an amateur Unity developer with a dedicated interest for puzzle and story-driven games. Before being introduced to gamedev at university, I've been a long time user of 3D modeling and rendering softwares (Mojoworld, Bryce, Minecraft, Blender, MagicaVoxel) and they basically gave me the OCD to make things look pretty. Unfortunately, working with shaders is hard. So I also draw with hand a little.

Nice to meet you all!
AppleJuice
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: April 04, 2023, 04:57:25 AM »

Ciao TIGForum  Gentleman

My name is Misha, I'm not a developer but a gamer. The last thing I developed is a clone of Snake on Pascal in school.
Our team created a tool for in-game advertising, hold on, this is not typical wrecking eyeball banners as you used to see. We are making solid & creative product placement, even in indie games with different art styles and small numbers of users. We're working on an in-game advertising model to open a new revenue stream for indie game developers, cuz we're charging brands, not games. 
And this is not advertising our platform.  Ninja
My main goal is to study the community of indie games. In other words, I want to be aware of industry trends, goals, and pains. I would be glad to discuss or get as much feedback as possible.
Thanks. I wish you a wonderful day.
Yeol the Clumsy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: April 05, 2023, 12:12:51 AM »

Hello you all, I'm Yeol (the Clumsy). Things I do, tend to go wrong. Not on purpose, but probably because I tend to push my limits, and thus fail more often then not.

I started to pick-up a solo game development project out of personal interest. Never did it, have no knowledge about game development than just general common sense, and have basic programming experience in C and Java.

As most of us here, I would like to develop my dream-game. That super complex, mega deep and ultra large hybrid game world with unique and original concepts that scratches all gaming itches: exploration, action, strategy, story, engagement, immersive, compelling, ...

(I understand that this is wrong, and that I'm going to fail, and that I should first start small projects, to realize that a big one like this is not possible to finish solo in a lifetime... but hang on...)

Unity became the tool, and I started to develop... And as most of us at the start, I immediately got stuck on the smallest issues. Even the simplest operations became a hurdle. Endless browsing the internet, trying dozens of wrong  ways, ... The journey will be long, very long.

Today I'm about 1 year in. I've a rudimentary endless procedural terrain, some static people, scattered placeholder buildings, I'm working on pathfinding and have a general concept in my head of the next phases. The game will expected to be finished in 50-ish years (I'll be 111 by then)... so never. But, the adventures during a journey are often more interesting then the final destination. Smiley

Sorry for my English. I hope to read your comments in my upcoming devlog contributions. Until then, have fun with your project!

Screenshot of my "Scattered Settlements" (worktitle) project

Failing is Fine, it's all about the Journey
gglavas
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: April 07, 2023, 01:46:12 AM »

Hi everyone, my name is Gordan!

I've been developing games in some shape or form for almost 20 years now, but have started getting more serious about it in the past few years. I just wrapped up a game that's the 3rd iteration of a game I started working on a long time ago - first as an RTS in Delphi, then as a programmable TBS in .NET, and now finally as a fully-fleshed hackable TBS in Unity.

Nice meeting you all!
baggerjanus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11844 on: April 07, 2023, 01:31:52 PM »

Hello everybody!

My name is Pieter-Paul and I am trying to get back into game development after a long hiatus. So far I'm mostly just stretching my legs a bit and trying to get a feel for the workflow. I've chosen to work with Godot (v3) this time around - it's a lot easier than trying to do everything from scratch, which is a mistake I made last time  Roll Eyes

Look forward to meeting you all Smiley
SamKurono
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: April 08, 2023, 06:23:38 PM »

This is going to be amazing. I really want to play it already :')

pascalbros
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: April 12, 2023, 09:39:38 AM »

Hello everyone,
I'm Pascal, an Italian Software Engineer currently living in Zurich.
In my spare time I work on some side projects and I just released my first video trailer on Steam.
I always checked TIGSource passively so I decided to finally signup. Smiley

Cheers, Pascal Toast Right
Pilow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: April 13, 2023, 06:09:56 AM »

Bonjour everybody!

I'm Pierre, a 29-year-old game developer from France. I've been developing games and applications for PSP, Android, and the Web for 15 years. My main project is Leek Wars, a browser programming game. In addition to coding, I also enjoy cinema, speedcubing (10 seconds average), cycling or drawing in my spare time.

I'm thrilled to be joining the TIGForums community and connecting with other passionate developers.

Nice to meet you all!
Forgerian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: April 15, 2023, 10:19:31 AM »

Hello!! My name is Joe. I'm both a wannabe game developer and musician.

I got into game development when I was about 9. At first I loved playing co-op flash games with my siblings, and my older sister had a Wii that I got to play on occasionally. Initially I was super into the Mario franchise and other platformers, and I wanted to make an SMB3 style game more than anything. Since then, over the last 11 years I've played a lot of games casually, often with friends.

My goal in game development is to create something that I could imagine people (or myself) playing with friends, figuring things out together and having an experience that promotes learning every aspect of the game. I love games that just beg to be explored and learned deeply, it's so rewarding and exciting to share knowledge with friends and to discuss each aspect of a game.

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and to check out some fun projects and devlogs!  Hand Metal Left Wink Hand Metal Right
AndrNGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: April 16, 2023, 12:19:47 AM »

Hi! I am an aspiring indie developer. This is the page of my first game on Steam - Animarama. Animarama is a clone of Jason Roberts' Gorogoa. I really liked Gorogoa, so I wanted to create a similar game but in a unique setting. Since I didn't know how to draw, I chose the style of simple cartoon graphics. The game is under development. Now I am preparing the game page in the Steam store, the first demo version of the game will appear there soon. I will be glad to anyone who shows interest or gives their comments about the game. Here is a gameplay video.

https://youtu.be/ynUoms8pVNU

At the moment, the html version of the game on itch.io is working. You can play from the link below. Thank you for reading this post. I will be very grateful if you play the demo version and send your suggestions for improving the game, as well as add it to the Steam wishlist. Thank you!

https://andrngames.itch.io/animarama-demo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2015940/ANIMARAMA/
Mineant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11850 on: April 17, 2023, 06:34:03 PM »

Greetings everyone! My name is Mineant and I'm a university student hailing from Hong Kong.

As a hobby, I've been developing games using Unity for the past two years. My passion lies in gaming programming, particularly in designing game systems that enhance the overall gaming experience. My favorite game genre is action roguelikes, such as Hades and Vampire Survivors, which also inspire me to create games of similar nature.
Omnipoet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11851 on: April 19, 2023, 05:46:00 AM »

I'm a student from the Czech Republic named Richard, creating computer games in my free time, doin' memes, living the life!

I would hug you if u check my new game https://store.steampowered.com/app/2216860/The_Gray_Man/
WashingMachineGuy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11852 on: April 20, 2023, 05:48:18 PM »

Hello there,

My name is washing machine guy aka Flix aka Felix. I am an indie developer part-time and a technical artist full time. Die or ride skater and I just started picking up bouldering.

I got into gaming because of my father of course. Always running out there to get me some old baby computer game to lose to. We got an Xbox at some point for me and my brother, but I don't remember playing it often. During that time, I mostly played flash game on the computer... and portable Nintendo devices. I think I got all the portable console starting from Game Boy Advance SP and I got to play lots of good and bad games on there.

I don't know exactly where my development carer started, but it would probably start like this.

Started with forge with halo 3, so simple that a child could make a Mario Kart level in it... and I did!
Moded some cs go maps for while since I might I as well do something productive while playing 1000hours of it.
I bought a terrible 'game engine' called axis game factory, because I was curious about video game development and how it has made and I saw a cool 3d logo, so of course I bought it. This let me to discovered that the 'game engine' has actually using another game engine called unity 4, and I never looked back ever since.

My favourite game? Impossible to choose, but I would pick melee right now, because it's the longest game that I never left, and I think that never will. But for indie games, it's gotta be inside. Really love the atmosphere!
Voycawojka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11853 on: April 24, 2023, 12:16:26 PM »

Hi, I'm Filip.

Programming is my hobby. I'm a web developer professionally and I develop games in my free time (almost since I can remember). Recently I started aiming for bigger projects - let's see where it takes me.

I mainly enjoy different types of local multiplayer games (for instance turn-based strategies, overcooked-likes, co-op roguelikes) and RPGs. Those are also the kind of games I want to create. My strength is definitely coding. The main field I want to improve on right now is game design.
ZanderaxDeverseWorld
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11854 on: April 25, 2023, 06:19:45 AM »

Hi all, I'm currently doing community management work for Deverse World, a community-driven open sandbox, where everyone can create a game world (with the no-code SDK) for anyone to play. Also looking into game dev lately in my free time. Nice to meet you all!
johngray
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11855 on: May 01, 2023, 03:47:43 AM »

Hi! Gomez I'm a game developer in the UK with a few years of experience in the game industry, now working on the release of my first title. Nice to meet you all!
agg1401
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11856 on: May 04, 2023, 05:56:16 AM »

Hi, I'm agg1401. I'm a naughty boy who develops a game. I love games. I am an orthopedically handicapped individual. I am currently trying to learn French.
Spruance
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11857 on: May 08, 2023, 11:00:07 AM »

Hi, I'm Andrew and I live in Florida. I discovered my passion for game development about a month ago and have been obsessed with it ever since. I have a full time job as an engineer so this is a hobby for me, but I plan on working at it until I get good! For now I'm focused on making a 2D turn based strategy game in Unity and we'll see where it goes, I have a good feeling about it. I'll probably start a gamedev log here soon so I can look back on my progress!
apetrots
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11858 on: May 08, 2023, 01:46:29 PM »

Hey guys, I'm apetrots (or Zach)! I've done off-and-on hobbyist game dev for a long time now, maybe 5-6 years? Lots of time in my teenage years was spent learning and experimenting in game development. I learned a lot about programming and 2D/3D asset making thru that, but I have a distinct lack of finished products -- something which I hope to change now, as a young adult wanting to get a solid game dev routine. Most of my experience is in C#/Unity and C/C++/OpenGL. I love to share game development programming problem solving (especially for topics I can't find a lot about online), and I have a couple of devlog youtube videos out that are focused primarily on technical problem solving in game dev (i.e. 2D platformer pathfinding).

I'm hoping to get back into gamedev after a couple years of not doing it actively (busy with college, electrical engineering, & web development internships)! Cheers!

I'm also the electrical engineering lead for a college BattleBots/combat robotics club and an avid rock climber.
Late253
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11859 on: May 08, 2023, 02:12:25 PM »

Hello!

I am a composer who would really like to make some music for video games for free. I can make anything from orchestral classical music to electronic dance music. I want to make music for free so that I can help developers at least a little bit in their projects.

Two of my greatest idols are Thomas Bergersen (from Two Steps from Hell) and Ivan Torrent.

I really like playing the piano, which led to making music many years ago. Seeing something great such as a beautiful game is always a good source for musical inspiration.

So contact me if your game needs some catchy tunes, adventurous rhythms or melancholic melodies!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 02:19:55 PM by Late253 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic