Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 06:17:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCosmic Predator: A 2.5D Sidescrolling SHMUP
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cosmic Predator: A 2.5D Sidescrolling SHMUP  (Read 1035 times)
Simbryo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:46 AM »

Edit: This game has been released. You can purchase the full version from my website.

Hey guys. I wanted to get some feedback on my new project. Cosmic Predator is a side scrolling SHMUP made with Unity in the vein of classics like Gradius and R-Type. The game also features an upgrade system where you can purchase power-ups at the end of a stage depending on how much blood you devour from downed enemies. I'm hoping to be able to make this into a commercial game for mac, windows, and maybe iOS at some point

Anyway this demo contains the first few levels. Let me know what you and thanks for your time. Oh, and check out my website for more info if you want.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:43:37 AM by SteelRiverGames » Logged
Simbryo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 03:03:04 PM »

Updates:

-fixed the spreadshot weapon, hitting an enemy with multiple shots at once will do extra damage
-made the asteroids and other obstacles brighter so they don't blend into the background
-modified the large asteroids so they do damage and are destroyed after colliding with you
-changed the ending of the first boss fight so that he instantly traps you, like the beginning of the third boss battle
-slowed down the shot speed for certain attacks to make them less cheap
-fixed typos
Simbryo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »

Made some major updates on the Cosmic Predator Demo:

-The player's health now slowly decreases over time and eating enemy remains restores health. This was done to make going after enemy blood a more central part of the gameplay (aside from just collecting it to essentially buy power-ups between levels) and because it works well with controlling a predatory creature (you need to hunt and kill to survive, etc). I think it also helps give the gameplay more of a unique flavor.

-The level movement speed has been increased slightly.

-I redid a lot of the level artwork, particularly for the first two stages, to make them look more colorful and interesting. The screenshots in the first post reflect the most recent build.

-Changed around some of the "prices" for the power-ups to make the game a little more balanced. Also, the player now starts the game with a double shot to increase the power of the starting attack and make investing in non attack based upgrades a more viable strategy early in the game.

The link to the updated online demo is still in the first post of this topic or you can just click here to play it.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic