Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 10:05:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRealms of Fortune - procedurally generated first person RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Realms of Fortune - procedurally generated first person RPG  (Read 2703 times)
LimitingFactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »

Realms of Fortune is a first person RPG set in a large procedurally generated world. It takes place in an era similar to our own age of discovery, but instead of sailing in ships across the ocean, adventurers use gatestones to explore a distant land full of magic, treasure, and ancient secrets. Some of the game's features include:

- A very large, randomly generated world full of lakes, hills, dungeons and more.
- Seamless world with no load screens, even when going in and out of dungeons.
- Dozens of unique creatures.
- Real-time, first person combat and exploration.
- A huge variety of upgradeable weapons and armor.
- Flintlock pistols and rifles.
- The ability to create potions from plants that you find.
- Swimming, diving, and underwater dungeons
- Fishing and hunting.
- An exciting main quest.

Realms of Fortune is a finished game, and its been available for a while on Android OS, but I just recently ported it to Windows. I'm especially looking feedback on the controls, the usability, and the UI, but any feedback would be great. I am also curious what people think of the setting for the game. Some people are very hostile towards the idea of firearms in fantasy games, but I didn't think it was all that unusual. I'm going to start working on Realms of Fortune II soon, so any feedback that I can't implement in the current game would still be very helpful for the next version. Thanks for taking a look.

Download: https://s3.amazonaws.com/realmsoffortune/rofsetup-v1.2.4.exe

Video:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:12:06 AM by LimitingFactor » Logged
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 02:07:23 AM »

It looks pretty awesome. No time to play now but I might make a review for my site later on in the week.
Flatgub
Level 0

My existence is questionable at best

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 04:16:57 AM »

If this is a finished game, then doesn't it belong in the finished section?  Shrug

LimitingFactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »

I looked at the guidelines again, and it said:

"Both work-in-progress and finished projects are welcome"

I figured it would be OK to post in this thread since I'd really like feedback on version 1.2 in order to help me develop version 2.0, which I just started working on.
siskavard
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »

I'll give it a whirl. I'm getting hit in the nostalgia glands pretty hard over them Everquest-y graphics
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic