Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 09:13:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLockdown (WIP)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lockdown (WIP)  (Read 743 times)
projectlockdown
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »

Hi ! we are Boone, Rez and TIm from the Maryland Institute College of Art. this is our upcoming game Lockdown. We have been working hard here at MICA on this game for our class. Lockdown is a fast platforming runner that we are excited to show and hopefully get feedback from you all.

This is a work in progress. We are hoping to get a 3 level demo done. So far what we have is the basic code and the first and second level. The second level is unfortunately at this time still a work in progress. The first is getting close to a finish  

We thank you for your comments and feedback    

ixda.mica.edu/srobinson/lockdowngame

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »

I tried it out.  Unfortunately it feels a little trial and error-ish, as you can easily dash and then be unable to jump over an obstacle, or dash right through an enemy and fall into a pit, and it's really hard to react to this.  I assume since you've already played the level you've got it all memorized .. for someone who's just playing it, there was a lot of failure just because I didn't know what was coming up next.
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:10:56 AM »

seems just like the last game i tried... lesbian whatever... graphics ok, terrible game-play. only way to survive is by remembering all steps. i actually like the graphics and storyline. maybe dont use forced scrolling?

cramCity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 07:31:58 AM »

Yeah...the game seems too random right now, I wish the camera was pulled back so I could see more of the screen.
That might help, its too bad because the graphics are nice.
projectlockdown
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 12:38:33 PM »

Thanks for the feedback ! Were working on the bugs and level design in the game currently. We'll post the updated version in the next few weeks. 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic