Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411631 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 06:00:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingShe'ol
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: She'ol  (Read 840 times)
SterfSterf
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »

Hey guys.

This is a game that I'm working on with a few other people and its still definitely in progress but we'd love to hear any feedback that you might have on where were going.

here's our site where you can play the game.

www.nataliebarton.com/Sheol

here are some screenshots-

thanks!
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »

The rotation on your character seems pretty stiff, and I kept getting caught on the terrain, requiring me to move in the full opposite direction to get unstuck.  It's also difficult to see.
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 07:17:55 AM »

hm, all games i look at seem to be made with the same engine and the same minimal investment. i guess this is something required for a course. proof of concept ok. boring to play.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »

hm, all games i look at seem to be made with the same engine and the same minimal investment. i guess this is something required for a course. proof of concept ok. boring to play.

Wait what?  There's only one game there ..
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 08:38:43 AM »

yeah, i just was randomly playing some games here. all made with the same engine and a seeming lack of time invested. not just the game in this post. this game was at least a bit more inventive. i guess my comment was a little harsh, maybe i should give some more sensible feedback.

there is no sense of achievement, as it seems to be just random chance if some air? bubbles appear or not. sometimes you get stuck for no reason on nothing visible. controls are ok. the cave with background are actually quite nice, the main character could use some animations, to make him likeable.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »

If you're talking about Flixel, yes it's become quite ubiquitous, hasn't it?
SterfSterf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »

hey thanks for the input - were working to add animations to the character but were having a bit of hard time making something that isn't too distracting. by hard to see do you mean its too dark, not enough contrast, etc?

were working on a solution to the character getting stuck everywhere too - and in the next build the fuel will hopefully spawn more reliably.

thanks again!

-Sterf
ink.inc
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

trail is poorly implemented; atm it looks like you're just drawing a bunch of circles in v. close proximity to each other (more noticeable when you make sudden stops/turns). would be better as a long tail that sort of tapers off at the end

as for rotations, you can premake them using something like rotsprite or use flixel's rotation code

character animation should be 'silky' if that means anything to you

overall there's not much to it at this point
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic