Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 11:24:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLife/Routine -- dynamic rhythm game made during Ludum Dare
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Life/Routine -- dynamic rhythm game made during Ludum Dare  (Read 633 times)
lightnarcissus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2013, 04:11:21 AM »

Hey everyone,

So I participated in my first ever Ludum Dare 26 last weekend and managed to finish this game -- "Life/Routine" under 48 hours. It is my first "complete" game made using Unity3D. All the artwork,music was created by me within the given time-frame.

What is Life/Routine?

A dynamic rhythm arcade scroller with a little bit of procedural music creation thrown into the mix that with few controls and abstract aesthetics conveys its concept to stick true to LD26's theme of "minimalism"

Concept

Life/Routine captures the duality of a life built around their daily routine. It describes both the calming beauty and the overwhelming claustrophobia that comes when you run the hamster wheel of the mundane routine. It captures the very essence of "familiarity" created by our own actions and how we can either fall in an endless pattern of a life of same beats or break free from it.

Gameplay

You either create objects or destroy them. Objects created in each of the three tracks will give out specific sounds when they touch the bottom of the screen and they become part of the pattern that keeps repeating over and over again -- very much like your daily routine.

The difficulty is entirely dependent on the player and their actions in creating/destroying objects will dynamically adjust the difficulty.
Creating more objects results in more sounds and a more vibrant routine/music pattern but also makes the game difficult and more overwhelming(music can turn into noise).

Every "life" has a specific course and you will have to avoid racking up the "routine" bar by hitting the objects as that will bring a premature end to your game/life.
Otherwise, the game shall proceed to its eventual conclusion.

Instructions

--Left-Click to Destroy
--Right-Click to Create
--Move around by moving the mouse

The game can be played for PC,Mac,Linux and Web over at the LD26 Game Page
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview&uid=20680

Let me know what you think of it and if you also happen to be a fellow LD26 participant,feel free to vote for it.  Smiley

It also got featured in Indie Game Mag's "Indie Intermission of the Day" http://www.indiegamemag.com/indie-intermission-liferoutine-you-are-only-cheating-yourself/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:55:45 AM by lightnarcissus » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic