Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411671 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 04:14:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkVideo Games Project, NEED skilled programmers, animators perfect for project
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Video Games Project, NEED skilled programmers, animators perfect for project  (Read 5152 times)
VideoGameProject
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:26:47 PM »

Video Game Project

Hey guys!

I'm looking for people that would like to create a Horror game. Right now the story is fleshed out and all we need to get is Concept Art. Animators and most important programers/designers.

If you would like to make something for your portfolio for school. Or just help out with knowledge feel free to visit the Facebook community http://www.facebook.com/VideoGamesProject. Slap the Like button.

Also if your very much interested, Inbox me threw Facebook (I'm the admin) and let me  :gentleman:know! I would like to assemble a team that works well and has fun while doing this.  Gentleman
Nix
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »

What do you do
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 10:26:35 PM »

What do you do

He's a producer/project manager. Producers always take at least 60% of the cut because of the risk they take in creating it.
Nix
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 10:32:45 PM »

If he's a producer that means he's investing money?
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

Hi VideoGameProject !

my neighbour is a music composer and I love building fun websites, could we join too?
ps. my girlfriend is an illustrator she might be up for a fun project too (I'll ask)

I quit facebook though so could you please tell me some more here ?
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »

This is pretty funny.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 03:50:14 AM »

When (Not if, when) this guy opens his fake Kickstarter, if it makes more than $10, I am personally going to find whoever donated it and kick them in the face.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »

Im going to donate 10$ to find out whether Im stronger than you.
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »

^ No fair dude, he's an anime fan.
VideoGameProject
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »

Hey guys!

I was out of town this weekend, but I seen some people responded. That's great!

First I'd like to say that this first project is to test how to create a game. I'm new to the gaming world and would like to get started with some great people. I'm an idea machine and a writer. I also went to school for graphic design, so I have a strong art background.

That said, I would like to create a team of able bodies that get along with each other and make something cool and innovative. The first project is meant for us try our hand at the gaming world. It's not meant for money. If it gains popularity (because we are awesome) the money will be divided righteously so.

Now that that's all cleared up. Once again if you guys are looking to get together with other fellow game makers. Join the Facebook Communityhttp://www.facebook.com/VideoGamesProject. The community page is there to be easily seen and "Liked". The group page http://www.facebook.com/groups/Videogameproject/ is for people that are serious and want to do this for there hobby/portfolio/ experience/fun. Request invite to the group and I will add you!

Let's make a wicked game!

DeadPixel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »

Good luck.  Looking forward to the Kickstarter.

VideoGameProject
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »

If he's a producer that means he's investing money?

What do you do

He's a producer/project manager. Producers always take at least 60% of the cut because of the risk they take in creating it.

To answer that question. The first game is test game. No money will be made. If it does then I divide money equally. You have it in writing here. I doubt the first test game will make money. I plan on using the Epic games,game dev kit UDK. It's free and perfect for starts. Plus you can't make money with the engine unless you wish to. It's for non-commercial use. UNLESS however I present the game to Epic. We will all vote if the game should go non commercial.  Once again, that's in the writing here!

If you know people interested or if you yourself are, join up!, slap the like button on the Facebook community http://www.facebook.com/VideoGamesProject
VideoGameProject
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »

Good luck.  Looking forward to the Kickstarter.

Thanks A bunch!, will you be joining the party?
VideoGameProject
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »

Im going to donate 10$ to find out whether Im stronger than you.

When (Not if, when) this guy opens his fake Kickstarter, if it makes more than $10, I am personally going to find whoever donated it and kick them in the face.

No money donations are being asked for! This is purely to get some like minded people that want to make a game. To get together using facebook and other tools to collaborate and make a game! There are free tools out there to use. The only thing you have to donate is your enthusiasm of gaming and creativity.

I know some people are hesitant I'm sure there have been false stuff like this before. I'm genuinely trying to get some people from all over the world with the same interest,Gaming. Now log into facebook, and search http://www.facebook.com/VideoGamesProject, Slap the like button and come up with some ideas! Inbox me!
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »

I really admire your enthusiasm.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 12:11:44 AM »

Write another post with "Slap Like on Facebook" I dare you!
FemtoKitten
Level 0

Everyone deserves a cuddle or two!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 05:13:33 AM »

I really admire your enthusiasm.

I do as well, I also admire how everyone else is treating the poster... it's like watching a kitten playing next to a lion (which are the queens/kings of the jungle after all).

Also... about how many similar posts come up a month? I lost count after awhile.

Lonely Girl in Denver, I like making  games that require thought (Puzzles, 4Xs, Strategy, Turn-Based board games). Currently working on a Cute Collectible Card Game for Console and Mobile devices
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »

There's nothing wrong with trying to put together a team for a game. However, your main problems, and why everyone is being so condescending, are these:

1. Everyone has ideas. Your ideas are no more special and you offer nothing further than them.
2. "skilled" programmers and animators, as you've requested, are not going to want to do something like this. They already have done simple projects like this and have gained the skills to make larger, more organized things that actually promise money. Try looking for new and in-training people. That is much more realistic.
3. Unless you somehow managed to get the world's best programmer, artist, and musician who all agreed to work for free under a guy who did nothing more than supervise, don't expect the game to be good. At all. You should start with a learning experience, and work your way up. And you should really try to learn programming/art/music. Because right now you are near worthless to a team.
That's how everyone else did it. Don't expect to be better.

That's what everyone is telling you, albeit in less words. I dig your optimism, now you just need to put that to actual use, like learning to program. It's fun~

VideoGameProject
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 10:15:05 AM »

There's nothing wrong with trying to put together a team for a game. However, your main problems, and why everyone is being so condescending, are these:

1. Everyone has ideas. Your ideas are no more special and you offer nothing further than them.
2. "skilled" programmers and animators, as you've requested, are not going to want to do something like this. They already have done simple projects like this and have gained the skills to make larger, more organized things that actually promise money. Try looking for new and in-training people. That is much more realistic.
3. Unless you somehow managed to get the world's best programmer, artist, and musician who all agreed to work for free under a guy who did nothing more than supervise, don't expect the game to be good. At all. You should start with a learning experience, and work your way up. And you should really try to learn programming/art/music. Because right now you are near worthless to a team.
That's how everyone else did it. Don't expect to be better.

That's what everyone is telling you, albeit in less words. I dig your optimism, now you just need to put that to actual use, like learning to program. It's fun~

Hey Guys

If you claim I have no experience please read forward.I have fully graduated Graphic Design, also I can play a number of instruments well. I can also animate full cartoons on paper and in flash. I can edit digital video no problem. Just a few weeks ago I got my hands on AUTO DESK Maya and the Epics Unreal engine (still learning).Finally I can write. I have a novel in the midst of being published.

I'm not claiming I know everything, I clearly don't. What I do know is that I want to make a team of people that would like to make solid games. Programmers would be essential. Coders would be great. Animators I have. Music engineer I have. Writers/ Editors I have. The team is forming, the hardest part is getting the programers to join.

It seems like programmers want to join but had lots of bad experiences with other groups or they are just plain suspicious about it. I know it's allot of work for programmers. Especially for a side or main project. Work/school gets in the way. But know this. I want to make a team that would like to work together and make a great game.

You don't know me, don't claim I'd be useless. I am trying to start small, Depending on the programers that sign up (skill level)we will make a small easy game first or start with something more ambitious, For money. Which would be distributed evenly. Also depends on game engine.

I agree, after signing up to this web site. It seems there are like 400 others trying to do this. Rest assured people, It can be done.

Slap the "Like" button! and help out if you dare!http://www.facebook.com/VideoGamesProject
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »

That's great that you have some experience. And this is what you should tell people -- all I'd gleaned from your previous posts is that you had a design degree, which wasn't very much to go off of. This is definitely what you should be saying, more substance and less of whatever's going on in that "slap like" thing. I hope you can find some people, but you should really try starting small as a team in any case. You need to know if you can work together, and making games is hard. And stop saying "slap the like button" before I cringe to death.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic