Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 05:10:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkWill make music for art! (I only need a small amount of art)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Will make music for art! (I only need a small amount of art)  (Read 1128 times)
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »

See this?

You may be wondering, "what kind of a horrible abomination is this?" This is what happens when I try to draw a character. So obviously, I really need some help.

The game that I'm working on

I'm working on a slightly horror-ish exploration game. The main mechanic of the game is lighting torches to keep monsters from getting too close to you, and there are puzzles designed around this. I already have a good amount of work done on this game, and here's an in-game screenshot to show for it:

I have the platform physics done and everything!

What I need you to do

You see that grey vertical rectangle in the screenshot? That's where the main character sprite would be. If I had one! I need someone to draw a main character with running and jumping animations. As you can see, I don't need as much help on the tile sets and stationary objects, although I would love it if you prettied up the other graphics as well. I might have a few other art needs here and there, but I can probably do most of it, so this is actually not a big commitment at all!

As for the main character, I started out with a slightly cyborg-ish design, but I've decided against that. I really just want a unassuming, boring kind of guy. Someone anyone can identify with. Someone who doesn't seem to have too many personality traits from just looking at them. So if you need practice drawing boring people, this is for you!

Also, I'll make music for you!

If you have anything you need music for, I'll do some music for you (if you want). I would say that my music is a hundred times better than my art, but the amount of skill I have at art is actually zero, and 0 x 100 = 0. I definitely have more than zero music skill! So, I won't say that. Here's a WIP song I'm making for my current album:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37768120/wip%20song.mp3

I can do music with other moods too, but I don't really have the resources to do orchestral music. But if you have an electronic music need, I can almost certainly fulfill that.

tl;dr: Make me a main character sprite with animations and maybe a few other things, and I'll make music for your work if you need any!

P.S. You will receive credit in the game for your work, of course.
Smiv
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:37:57 AM »

Deal, what are the dimensions? What color scheme where you thinking? Is pixel-esk style okay?
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 11:55:23 AM »

Deal, what are the dimensions? What color scheme where you thinking? Is pixel-esk style okay?
I already have someone doing graphics, but I'll contact you if it doesn't work out for whatever reason.
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »

I already have someone doing graphics, but I'll contact you if it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Aieieieieieieie, today. Expect it today.

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic