Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411674 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 06:55:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid Workindie(Function); Media looking for new members
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: indie(Function); Media looking for new members  (Read 816 times)
Bret Hudson
Level 0

Game & Web Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »

Hello TIGForums, I'm not very active here, sadly, so I'm guessing you don't know who I am. I'm Bret Hudson, an indie game developer from Minnesota. I run indie(Function);, an indie game development media and education group. indie(Function); primarily consists of a radio show, and a currently dead magazine.

indie(Function); is low on members right now, consisting of myself and the co-founder Ian Jones. We'd like to revive indie(Magazine);, but in order to do so, we need a designer and possibly a few more writers since Mike and I have a hard time putting together 20-30 pages of content by ourselves. However, with the proper team, I'm sure indie(Magazine); can come back to it's old self and possibly beat the records we currently have placed (most viewed magazine has 1,100 views as of typing this up).

Here's a list of different positions that are available:
  • Magazine designer
  • Magazine writer(s)
  • Social Media Helper (Post updates to our Facebook, Twitter, forum topics, RSS feed, etc)
  • "Gatherer" (Finds topics to talk about, thinks up interesting topics, etc)
  • Recruiter (Finds both new members for the team, as well as contacts people for interviews)

None of the above positions are pay-jobs, we currently have no income. The team in the past has always been friendly, and I can imagine it will continue to be with any new members we receive. The positions are great for experience and offer opportunities to talk to some bigger developers (past interviews have included Jonathan Blow, Edmund McMillen, Alec Holowka, Chevy Ray Johnston).

If you want to preview the magazine to know what a common issue consists of, click the following link to be brought to a list of issues: http://www.indieFunction.com/magazine

Thank you for your time, and I hope to have some of you join us in bringing the indie gaming community indie(Radio); and indie(Magazine);.
  -Bret Hudson ~ indie(Function); CEO/Editor in Chief
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 09:38:13 PM by Bret Hudson » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic