Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:29:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1956124 times)
Dyl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: September 16, 2012, 04:17:58 AM »

Hello, my name is Dylan and I have just recently joined the forums. I love making pixel art and have been doing so for about a year now.

I am currently creating a sidescroller, here's an early mockup.

I have always wanted to create and develop games ever since I grew up playing games liike mario and zelda.

- Dyl

Hello
killmonday
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: September 16, 2012, 11:33:09 AM »

Hello! I'm Isak, 26, and a couple of months ago I became a maker of games! Before that I made films, but I just found out that all my ideas for films were actually more fit for games and voila, I found the path of what I want to be when I grow up! So now it's a rocketspeed learning period of programming what I'm up against and it's a blast!

My first real gaming experience was overheating my newly bought NES with Mario, and we couldn't afford a new NES after that Sad but later on friends got it and I could continue gaming there. Then came SNES mayhem and everything that followed.. I even got Dreamcast and the few games that went with it.

The game that really bitchslapped me sideways was Suikoden.

Hopefully I will contribute to the gaming world with what I create since it's been so nice to me while growing up Smiley and I can't wait until I'm free to do whatever is in my mind!
crazyheckman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5662 on: September 16, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »

Hey I actually read the rules before posting a thread for the first time ever.

No idea why I didn't have an account already but I've been working my way more and more into developing games lately.  I started around 10 years ago but just recently I've had time to sit down, think things through and get start making the games I've always wanted to make.

I really REALLY enjoy action adventure games.  Back when I was small my mother bought me a game called "Wonder Boy in Monster World" on a whim just to shut me up.  When I asked her wtf it was she lied and told me she used to play it all the time, and it was really good.  Little did she know, it was good, it was AMAZING.  Things kind of compounded from there, I got really into RPGs and got my soul sucked out by WoW for about 3 years.

But I've always continued to make games so long as I can remember.  Managed to tip the scale over between playing games and making them, and I'm looking to keep it that way.

I graduated as a game dev student from Full Sail university, made a small xbox indie game called For Glory, got a job making mobile apps, and participated in a few Ludum Dares when I have time.  One day I hope to make a game that does NOT have monsters and swords in it.  Not that I have anything wrong with monsters and swords, but 9/10 games I make are fantasy based, so I just want to mix it up a bit.

I'm in the middle of a pretty big game that I wanted some feedback on later, but I wanted to chill in here and help give some other people feedback first.
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5663 on: September 16, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »

Sorry I didn't greet myself; couldn't find the thread when I first registered. Sad

My real name is Chris Day, but I prefer to be known by my alias, Python Blue. I am hoping to be a game composer specializing in nostalgic music, though at this rate, my specialty cannot be an option.

I've played several games, but I must say that the games I like the most tend to be games made before Macs switched over to Intel chips, such as the Myst games. One major exception to this would be Amnesia: The Dark Descent, not only for the music, but also for its modding capabilities. This does not mean I don't look forward to what indie games have to offer, however, especially in the future when convincing graphics become more affordable.

I look forward to being in this community.

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
ChrisRandle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5664 on: September 17, 2012, 06:57:58 AM »

Hi all, I'm Chris (@chris_randle). I'm a 24 year old composer from the UK.

I've been working in the games industry for a few years now. Just over a year ago I started making games with a small group of independent developers. Our first game was called The Cat That Got The Milk. We're now working on a game called The Button Affair.

You can listen to my music here.

Looking forward to meeting some awesome people! Smiley

Composer and Sound Designer
http://www.chrisrandle.bandcamp.com
XHH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: September 17, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »

Hi I'm Xavier, but I prefer you call me X, XHH, or whatevs. I'm a gamer still in High School (Senior year WOOT). When I took AP Computer Science, I had to create a game for my final project. Long story short, this is when I started seriously developing computer games using Game Maker and eventually Python (pygame).

About 10 games later, I realized that I should widen my audience. Only friends at school played my games. They said they loved them and I should sell them. I don't plan on putting a price on my games because I've always admired fun, FREE games. I've tried uploading my first complete game Fragmented Platformer to Steam Greenlight. Steam asked for me to buy something in their store and then pay $100 and I said "NOPE" and left. Then I uploaded my game to Desura and they removed it because I have to add zillions of pictures and descriptions.

Can someone tell me how to properly distribute my games to the world?

Oh, and my favorite game of all time is Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The music, timing, and stoy is absolutely stunning and inspirational!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:44:09 AM by XHH » Logged
terrorbull
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5666 on: September 18, 2012, 03:06:47 AM »

I've been very lazy, sorry. Registered ages ago and have never got further than lurking. But I figured it's time to break cover so ...

I'm Andrew Sheerin, half of TerrorBull Games. The other half is Tom Morgan-Jones who does all the fantastic illustrations. Currently I'm the game-producing half, but Tom has a mental mind that would, without doubt, produce some very special games, so I'm doing what I can to encourage him.

We mostly make satirical board games (known mostly for War on Terror, the boardgame) but in the last year we've been dabbling in computer game design. With the help of a genius AI guru, David Partouche, we managed to design and create an iOS version of War on Terror that was released last year. While we're still working on the multiplayer component, amazingly, it works pretty well as a single player game.

I'm very new to game programming, but - with the immense and wonderful support of the kind indie devs here in Cambridge - I've made a couple of odd text-based adventure games on my own using Ren'Py ...

Ewe of the Falklands

and ...

Pandora's Box

I've also been learning Corona SDK and lua for the past 6 months as I have a rather special 'virtual pet' app in the works. It's a kind of anti-tamagotchi. I won't spoil the surprise just yet; it needs some more work before I can show anything meaningful.

And that's about it. Well up for collaboration or just generally swapping and mixing ideas, especially those of you who like to make fun political/satirical/arty games.

Cheers,
Andrew
Gloworm Games
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: September 18, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »

Hi everyone,
I couldn't make up my mind on which indie forum to join. Glad I decided on this one. I'm from South Africa, and started getting into game development a year or so ago. My fascination for computers started with the infamous Amiga 500. What a beast! I used to play all the demos we got on a subscription magazine that arrived every month. As kids my brother and I where forced to use copies of the disks (done with Xcopy and two 720kb stiffy drives - df0 and df1) as they tended to get damaged easily with us fighting over who's turn it was. I think my best game was Wonder Boy at that time. I used to freak out when I got further than before, causing a fight with me and my bro, sadly that ended up with my dad throwing the disk on the roof (even my bicycle ended up there once). So even those days I used to create my own "workbench" disk

with my own shit on there. Also used to use Fantavision

for animating my own "Series", keep in mind I was about 10 years old. So the days went on, XT's, 386's, 486's (Used to have 8mb ram, couldn't play Duke Nukem as its requirements where 8mb ram and after booting DOS the OS would consume some of it, but I tweaked it a bit to load less things to mem and managed to get it working).

Then the Quake days started, including Blood (which I got my hands on a level editor and printed a 100 page tutorial on a dot matrix for reference). Half Life made it for me, I started modding it found the results where quite satisfying. Few years later I graduated or matriculated we call it here, then I left home and found out how life really is. Started working etc. 10 years later I've just released my first Android game (not 10 years developing it. Took about 4 weeks) and finding the whole mobile gaming aspect quite exciting. I've also joined a group of dudes from all over the globe and started designing with them, aswell as my own games.  Beer!
DanielH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: September 18, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »

Hello Everyone

My name is Daniel George Haddad and I am a technical designer. I've been around the site often and I finally decided to join. I've been developing games privately or about 4 years now and after competing in the Microsoft Imagine Cup 2011 World Finals I decided to form my own indie studio called Cwerki Studios.

Cwerki: cwer-ki - pronounced like quirky
adj. The quirky way of writing quirky

Since our inception we've been hard at work on our debut game: Min - A Space Adventure.
On June 18, 2012 version 1.0 of Min was released on the iOS! We initially exposed the game to nearly 30K users and we got a lot of feedback about the game... Since then I've been working on version 1.2 of the game that factors in a lot of the user feedback we've gathered. We're also going to promoting the game and exposing it to millions of new users end of this month (I'll post on the forums about the promo we are running on that day).

Here are a few links related to Min you might find helpful:
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/min-a-space-adventure/id517200231?mt=8 
Launch Trailer:

Facebook Page:  http://www.facebook.com/minadventure
Our Website (undergoing some tlc right now...): http://www.cwerki.com

Some Reviews:
http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2012/06/25/fly-a-whole-planet-with-min-a-space-adventure/
http://hardrocknguy.com/2012/06/23/min-a-space-adventure-review/
http://arcadelife.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/min-a-space-adventure-review-ios-universal/
http://nerdvice.com/2012/06/11/min-a-small-review/

Screenshots:

I handled all the programming, level design, writing, as well as managing our small but awesome team (will talk them into joining tigs)

I started playing games at a really early age, my dad was rather into computers, he used to build them in his office and I always used to hang around with him and insist on helping... I was pretty young so I wasn't of much use so the only way I could share his passion was by playing computer games and boy did I play a ton...

I kept to myself a lot and spent most of my youth playing games, it wasn't until I played Final Fantasy 8 that I started thinking seriously about making games for a living... well... as seriously as a teenager could think at least Wink

I was heavily influenced by a lot of games, looking back I'd have to say FFVIII and Guild Wars were probably the largest influence...

In 2007 I went to university and started my major in Computer Science, I spent every waking moment I had learning how to do games on my own, originally starting with mods for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion... After graduation, and after taking advice from some people in the industry, I decided to focus on doing games on my own... For over a year I began developing the Ka'Felon mod, a HUGE mod for TES4: Oblivion (you can see glimpses of it on my MOD page http://www.danielghaddad.com/mods.html. The mod featured 9 hours of gameplay and all sorts of new content... Soon after that I began learning how to use UDK, and well, you know the rest... Imagine Cup -> Cwerki -> Min ->Huh? who knows...

Unfortunately one of the downside of doing all this is that I really don't have much time to play games :/ at least not as much as I used to... these days I play a lot of Guild Wars 2 (if you play and would like to meet-up let me know! I'm on gates of madness) and Starcraft 2 (although these days I enjoy watching pro games more than playing myself... usually too tired...)

and that's about it...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:33:32 AM by DanielH » Logged
Rez
Level 0

Welp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5669 on: September 18, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »

Hey everyone, my introduction here:

Since I was a little kid I already knew I wanted to create games. At the age of 8 somebody installed Flash Professional on my computer. Since that time, I have been in love with anything that involves games or animation. In my spare time I barely play games, I want to modify them or make new levels. Maybe even teach other people what I learned as well.

I have always shouted I wanted to be an indie game developer, as they have much more innovative and creative ideas and work less focused on one single task day in, day out. Variation is the spice of life.

When it comes to learning new things about creating games, I can’t wait. When Minecraft reached its peak and I had my own server, I started learning Java to create my own plugins. By the end of the summer vacation I could write pretty good plugins. I just love trying everything I can get my hands on. Modifying de animations in Counter Strike: Source, retexturing Team Fortress 2, creating new maps for Unreal Tournament 3 and Portal 2, everything. As such, I am not really specialized in one aspect in creating games, but I am rather decent at many, many things.

Photonic Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: September 19, 2012, 08:14:11 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Larry Osborne and I am the sole owner/coder/artist for Photonic Games. I have been working on games part time for 3 years.

I have two games I have created. The first was Mutant Zombie Onslaught for xbox360 XBLIG.
The second is Demon House. I have recently released this game for PC and soon for XBLIG.

If you would like to check out Demon House, it is available on Indie City. There is a demo also available on IndieDB

Mutant Zombie Onslaught is available on XBLIG.

With both games I have been able to develop my skills in game design. MZO uses deferred rendering and random level design. With Demon House I have added behavior tree AI, navmeshes, and BSP level design.

Please check them out if you have time and I look forward to being a part of this great community
ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »

Hi everyone

I'm Niels (or ndke, whatever you like) and I made my first game when I was about 8 years old.
I don't really remember much of that game, but I think it was a simple maze game where you need to find all te keys before you could get to the next level.
I'm currently 14 years old.
My native language is dutch.
I like sandboxing games and RTS games.

I look forward to being in this community Smiley
RandyOrenstein
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5672 on: September 19, 2012, 07:43:16 PM »

Hey everyone, my name is Randy.

I am an indie dev in Toronto, and I am working with a small team on my first game. I'm stupid passionate about game-making as an artform and devs as a community.

I look like this (in blue):

I founded and run and organization called Toronto Skillswap  that runs weekly tutorial events for devs of all levels. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/205500202826431/)

I also co-run Toronto's live Global Game Jam event, and help organize ToJam (annual big local jam that is made of awesome).

I am always up to talk design and art, and if you are interested in teaching at a Skillswap in Toronto, give me a shout for sure!

Im @randyorenstein on twitter, and exist on facebook and such. If you want to know what im working on, check out http://randyorenstein.wordpress.com/

Please follow me @randyorenstein
And my game @archivethegame
And check out my LIVE indiegogo at http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/archive-the-game
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5673 on: September 19, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »

ON THE LEFT:

THAT"S MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: September 20, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »

Greetings to everyone! Welcome to TIGsource!  Cave Story
aptanor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: September 20, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »

Wow, you guys all have such a colorful history with games. I wasn't allowed to play video games as a kid, which is probably why I have such a fascination with them now. I'm Ian and I'm an aspiring pixel artist and retro game collector, and I'm (veeeery slowly) learning (and re-learning) how to use design tools like Game Maker. What got me interested was actually Gang Garrison, from the Demakes contest here. I found it (and the other demakes) randomly while looking for something to play and I was pretty blown away. It was so simple and fun, (not to mention my computer at the time was a hand me down that severely limited what I could play) and when I found out what they had used to make it I had to give it a try. That was several years ago, and real life and new hobbies (mostly game collecting) kind of got in the way of my teaching myself, but I'm ready to get back on the horse, so to speak. I still love the whole demake idea and I'm currently working on a 2-D side scrolling Bioshock demake.

So, uh, hi :V
ryancbaker
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5676 on: September 21, 2012, 08:38:38 AM »

I'm Ryan Baker, and I'm an artist / animator / game designer / spreadsheet maker... lots of stuff Smiley

I've been in the game industry for about 6 years, and about 2.5 ago started http://pixelscopic.com with randomshade, who some of you might know. I started out as a graphic designer and painter back in college, and then got a job in the industry for a bit in 2006, doing pixel art and animation, and a bit of game design. I decided to go totally independent in 2010... well, I decided to a while before that, but it took a little while to get everything ready and save some money to jump ship. I was doing some freelance design work for a bit and was planning to learn more about Flash development (I know a little AS3, but not much) and make some games... and maybe at some point port them to iPhone. But instead I joined up with randomshade, so he can take care of the programming and I can stick with the arty things. Now we have two other guys on the team, and are hoping to release a game next year.

Happy to be on here, looking forward to chatting with everyone!

-Ryan
tuckertuck
Level 0

Man-child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5677 on: September 21, 2012, 10:48:38 AM »

Hello my name is Jamie http://www.jamietucker.com/games/
I am an indie dev from Toronto.

I was mainly an illustrator and designer up until a few years ago when I got my first taste at making games at TOJam 5 in 2010. I learned the very important lesson that I like making games more than playing them.
I was always the kid who never had any of the latest systems or a computer so I would always end up playing all my favourite games at friend's houses. To this day the most "playing" of games that I do is still watching other people play.

Favourite memories from those times:
Skid Vicious from Stunts
Corey Feldman's performance in Normality
Watching the intro video for Starcraft for the first time
Playing the Diablo demo and hearing, "Ahhhh, Fresh Meat"
Backseat Generaling in Dune 2000
Being overstimulated by Codename Eagle
Proclaiming Wacky Wheels better than Skunny Kart
Thinking the FMV cutscenes in DFII: Jedi Knight was the future of gaming (dashed by my once renting of a 3DO)

I've worked on Shuriken Skies which is a 4 player local FFA. It's free so you can download it now.

Some animation for a game, Pinata Slaughta (crappy gif quality)

This is a current game I am working on with Matt Hammill creator of Gesundheit, called Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, a 2 player local co-op space shooter / platformer

Joxno
Level 0

Complexity from Simplicity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5678 on: September 21, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »

Heyo, I'm Sebastian aka "Joxno", 20 years of age, and I'm a Programmer, Game Designer and from time to time Pixel Artist.

I also tend to muck about a lot with electronics. I've been programming C++ for the past 8 years or so, but also know various other languages such as Java, VB, PHP, SQL and a few others.

My most influential games so far have probably been Zelda: ALTTP, Populous, Dungeon Keeper 2, Dwarf Fortress, Black & White. Which is probably why when it comes to game design I focus a lot of my time on creating dynamic mechanics and sandbox like environments.

Here I be in the flesh, not the Dhalek obviously.

Currently working on indie game: The Old World.

Cheers for reading!

renyujia2010
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: September 21, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Renyu and I'm and indie iOS game developer : )

Recently a few friends and I made a called "Billiard Mini Golf". It is now available on AppStore for FREE!

It is a challenging physics-based puzzle game for the casual gamer. You need to use different gadgets in a clever way to get the golf ball into the hole and collect all the stars along the way! Visit our Facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/DigGame and like us for future updates!

Here is the link to install. Give it a try!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/billiard-mini-golf/id560810923?ls=1&mt=8

Best regards,
Renyu

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic