Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:43:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955994 times)
ArcoT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: October 16, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »

Hey guys,
My name is Tristan, and i live in Australia, Brisbane. I currently work in a group called Arcoda as  a level designer and a modeller and we'll be releasing our first title very soon.

My first encounter with games was playing pacman and a plaformer with an italian chef on my an old computer (can't remember what it was exactly) when i was young. From then on i owned a playstation 1 and 2, a gamecube, a wii, and i'm a big pc games fan.

I play a massive variety of games, but if i have to pick favorites, i'd say my top 5 games are warcraft 3, Dungeon Keeper 2, Crash Bandicoot Warped, The walking dead game and Fallout games (old and new).

Outside of video games, i like to read books, listen to music, learn usless and random facts, board games/roleplaying games, and playing basketball.

Looking forward to meeting you guys! Grin

Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5721 on: October 19, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »

Hey, I don't think I've ever introduced myself! I check the forums every now and then as a read only lurker sorta but I'm going to try to share more.  In my spare time, I like working on cars, music, and sometimes computers for making music and listening to music.  I've toyed around with some game making too.  So, here's some of my stuff:

Video's not great quality:

Game Music!

http://soundcloud.com/pcmx

I'm always interested in developing skills and talking with others that might lead to getting more involvement with games and music, so feel free to say hi if you have anything interesting like, as fellow composer into making similar styles of game music even, or an artist, or questions, things to look out for, whatever.  Cheers!  Beer!

kaaJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: October 19, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »

Hi Guys,

I've been wandering around in this forum for a while now, but never was really active. That's mainly because I'm too busy designing or programming games. :-)
I've got around 10 years of spare-time-indie-development experience; Did some games like GravBall 3D puzzler (unity top dog finalist), Laserbug (ios - action platfomer) and some (less interesting) commercial projects and visual installations to fund my next indie game idea. I like designing, programming and composing... So I guess that 's an OK combination for creating independent games.

Cheers!
kaaJ
Ardency1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: October 19, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »

hey All  Beer!

My name is Chane - I am a seasoned game programmer (worked on a few AAA titles in the past, some more famous than others)

I started playing games way back in the Atari/Intellivision era...

(anyone remember this??)  Grin

Then started cutting my teeth writing code in BASIC WTF (yea... that's right) on a TRS-80 (affectionately called the Trash-80) Color Computer ... way back in the mid '80s.

Like most of you I can probably rattle off a number of games that stick out as favorites - starting from Pac-Man & Galaga, through Mario & Zelda, Double Dragon & Street Fighter, the Final Fantasy games (all of them).... the list will get too long.  Tears of Joy

All the new stuff out there is great - but I still remember the times where we played games simply because they were fun (and not just pretty) - the weird bugs were more seen as quirks and exploits (thinking specifically about raining 3's in Double Dribble on the NES) - and even the good ol' up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-Start (or -Select-Start for 2 players)  Well, hello there!
zachlindblad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: October 20, 2012, 12:46:23 AM »

Hi there TIG Source! Moderately long time lurker, Been Making games, experiments, mods etc for a few years now, just starting to get the point where I want to share them.

As with most people here, started young with games. One of my earliest memories is playing Prince of Persia on a cousin's Apple II.

After that, just fell in love with the platformer, Sonic, Ghouls and Ghosts, evolving into Cave Story and Time FCUK. Still to this day platformers make up the bread and butter of my gaming experiences.

Currently I just graduated and started working in the California bay area at the fringes of the industry, working my way in, still trying to find time to work on new experiments. I'm mostly a programmer, A good chunk of designer, and just enough artist to be annoying to real artists.

Honestly, mainly joined this site to plug my new game *cough* helloworldgame.com *cough*, but looking forward to being part of this community in general.

Hope to talk to you all more in the future!
-z
Hhaunted
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: October 20, 2012, 05:17:03 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Fabio ( @StartingPixel ), I'm an indie game developer from Italy.
I recently published several games on Android - PC Windows - XBOX360 (xblig), like Modern Hunt https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.ModernHuntLite&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm5ldC5Nb2Rlcm5IdW50TGl0ZSJd
tanner bananer
Level 1

aspiring train conductor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5726 on: October 20, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »

Hey guys.

I am tanroar and this is my introduction to the tigforums community.

I would like to start by saying that i am not a grown adult, but a freshman in high school and i am learning java this year at my local high school. my teacher is very experienced in the field of computer science and he is very eager to teach me how to make high quality games. I hope to own or be in a game development company. Right now all i can do is create a very simple text adventure game but I am learning about different techniques.

I am a moderate artist but i still have room to grow and learn new styles of drawing.

I hope to be accepted into this community as a fellow programmer even though i am still a beginner.

Thank you and see you around.

Ixmucane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: October 20, 2012, 07:18:42 PM »

Alright. Here goes after wandering the forum for a few years. The name's Ixmucane, Ix for short. Haven't been much into games due to financial issues, plus the quality of most freeware tends to be dismal. Within some time, I'll churn something out.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 08:09:50 PM by Ixmucane » Logged
Raz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: October 21, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »

Hi everyone, first off I'm going to shamefully hold up my hands and say I posted in this section before posting in this thread, not a great start!

My name is Chris I am 29 and I have been messing around with amateur game creation for about 10 years. It all started out when I found the "The Games Factory" on the PC Format demo CD and made a very crude platformer that made use of the buggy default platform movement.

6 months later I was bought Klik and Play (the prequel to TGF) and have been messing around ever since. I spent way too much of my youth sitting on #k&p and visiting the ClickCafe, AP Zone and Izzy Online for click related stuff. I always enjoyed game creation but rarely finished anything!

Roll on a few years and in 2006/7 I made Pogo Fred http://chrismingay.co.uk/pogofred/ for a Uni project and then a few months later Ninjah http://chrismingay.co.uk/ninjah/ which I had hoped I would attach to my CV as an example game. It never did make it on to a CV but it was quite well received in the freeware game scene, which I was really chuffed about.

About a year ago I released a remake of Ninjah for XBLIG, a game I have just finished converting to a computer release.

I mostly mess around with Monkey http://monkeycoder.co.nz/ but have coded in XNA and BlitzMax
Karstein
Level 0

Ludologist 'till death

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5729 on: October 21, 2012, 09:05:34 AM »

Hello everyone! Gentleman

My real name is Karstein, aka Wamic. I'm 21 years old, and i live in Oslo, Norway. I love games, and i love making them even more. I'm currently in my second year as a game design student, and i live and breathe games. Other than that i love writing, music and coffee, and i totally don't bite!

Some quick facts:
Favorite games: anything strategic and medieval
Favorite language: Java
Favorite type of coffee: black as midnight on a moonless night (pretty black)

pinaster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5730 on: October 21, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »

Hi everyone!

student and developer from Italy.
With the cold season it's time to stay at home coding and this is what I plan to do at least sometimes.

I'm working on a simple level editor with Ogre3d(it will be open source), it's made to be easy to use and I need some feedbacks.
Hopefully in a couple of months I will start coding the game, which is waiting to be coded since 2011 and it's becoming impatient.

you can find me here:
https://twitter.com/pinasterware
http://pinasterware.tumblr.com

Brink
Level 0

Web Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: October 21, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Stephen and I'm a Freelance Web Developer based in Liverpool, England.

I adore the gaming scene and my fondest memories of gaming take me back to the Commodore 64 days with late nights playing 'Willy The Witch' and 'Shadow of The Beast' all the way down the line to anything SNES related (First console I bought myself).

To cut a story short, I'm looking to help promote 1 or 2 up and coming titles on this forum and offer my development services free of charge. The reason being is that I'm looking to gain a professional reputation amongst the gaming scene for web development and some of the stuff on this forum that I've seen is outstanding.

I'll post a separate topic for this offer along with previews of my design and build level. Hopefully one or two people on here could benefit heavily from having an on line presence.

All the best and I'm looking forward to being here.

Cheers,
Brink
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:00:23 PM by Brink » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5732 on: October 23, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »

Hey there, I'm Sean Cruz.

I'm an illustrator that's all about designing worlds, stories, and hopefully (in the future) games.

My first game was Pokemon Red, and that's how I got into gaming. The next biggest game that influenced my life was Halo: Combat Evolved, and then Mass Effect, Skyrim, etc. Nowadays, my biggest influences are Limbo, Minecraft, Machinarium, Botanicula, Torchlight, and most other Humble Bundle games.

My passions are simply to create all the worlds stuck in my head. Illustrating them is cool, but it's really limited. I love making art and creating worlds in painting, but it's not enough; I want to walk around, interact, and explore the worlds in my head.

What makes me tick? Real good art.

You can check out my art on my blog: www.arobotstale.blogspot.com

drazil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:24 AM »

Hello there!

I'm drazil, I am a coder studying at university and I love making games.

I have made some little games and started some projects but never finished them.

I have made things with OpenGL but now I'm very interested in Unity.

I love sushi!

and also dragons! ( but not for eating )
Danibi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5734 on: October 24, 2012, 05:56:55 AM »

Hi…

I'm Daniele, from Rome.

I'm an indie game developer, I finished my first video game the last week.
A video game for iPad, it will be released very soon, after more than one year of work.

http://www.planetzoomthegame.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Planet-Zoom-The-Game/419641851429152?ref=stream

I will post a lot of material in "Announcements".

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:32:28 AM by Danibi » Logged

I\\\'m and indie developer.<br />My team is Fantastico Studio.<br />My preferred game is Landflix Odyssey!!  Smiley
grazer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5735 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »

Hello All,

My name is Ken, and I am a game programmer living in Florida.  My day job is working on non-indie games, but my current personal project is a 2D game dev platform aimed primarily at independent game designers and artists called Flowlab.

I am a huge fan of pixels.
AJA
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: October 25, 2012, 10:52:51 AM »

Hello!

I'm Aki and I enjoy making point & click adventure games. I live in Finland and over the years have made a bunch of very short games using Adventure Game Studio (AGS). They're all free: http://www.serpentpictures.net/games

This year I finally made a longer game which is being sold as part of the Summerbatch bundle! Check it out: www.summerbatch.co.uk. Our development team's website is Stemshock.com.

I'm first and foremost a programmer and a designer/writer but I've also dabbled in art, sound, music, video and pretty much everything that's involved in multimedia production. Smiley
FobTi
Level 0

www.fobti-interactive.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5737 on: October 26, 2012, 05:35:32 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Tibor Fobel and I create independent games under the name FobTi-interactive.
I'm a 31 year old veteran video gamer and I am a huge fan of indie and old games.  Wink

Now, we are working on a new game called - OBLUDIA. Obludia will be an old-school arcade arena action inspired by classics such as Robotron or Smash-TV with RPG elements!

If you're interested, the game can be found on our website here: www.fobti-interactive.com/obludia.html There is a trailer and some screenshots.  Blink

-Tibor

WarbladerToo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: October 27, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »

Hi there all!

My name is Edgar Vigdal and I'm a long time game developer. Started out on the Sinclair XZ81, then onto the VIC20, and the CBM64. Made a few small games and learned 6502 machine code and assembler on the those. Then got an Amiga and learned C and 68k assembler. Made some utilities and demos. Then made Deluxe Galaga and Deluxe PacMan on the Amiga. Those became very popular shareware games and both was voted in on the Amiga Report Top 100 games of all time. They was the only 2 shareware games on the list, all the rest was commercial games.

Have since made Warblade for the PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad. This is a modern updated version of Deluxe Galaga.

I'm now working on Warblade MK II.

shanadeshana
Level 0

Nani?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5739 on: October 28, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »

Hi! I'm a novice game developer and I translate english/spanish for a living.
I love tower defense games, that games that make you think.
I've never translated a videogame, so I hope I'll find great projects to translate  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic