Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411571 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 08:47:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[demo] Dungeon Squeaker, minesweeper with swords, mice & cats
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [demo] Dungeon Squeaker, minesweeper with swords, mice & cats  (Read 9027 times)
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »

I've added a ton of flavour tiles. Many alternative normal ground, stone with a pattern, bloody ground, sand, and several transitions from those to normal ground. 
I also added slippery ice which mades you slide into the next tile, which can be spikes. Wink 

Also spent a lot of time on a native android plugin to export / import custom adventures as a .png, but the import is being difficult as it requires me overwriting unityactivity, and I don't really get that yet.

The help function is now a grid of tap-able tiles that shows you the name and the description of the tile instead of a counterintuitive tap-to-explain on the main level. A custom sprite  font was needed for this as I wasn't going to pixel those descriptions. (Yes, every other text in the game so far is pixeled by hand. I am an idiot.)

I'm also working on immortal enemies you can always see on your grid, even when they are far away. But they move around, so you need to find your way around their patrol paths.

The traffic cone wizard on the picture in a concept for conversation during certain points of an adventure. I've yet to decided how to implement those in the level design, maybe a marker for 'play conversation' and put the text / NPC icon in a metadata pixel row per level. Allowing the player to edit the text is now possible thanks to the pixelfont.

michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 01:36:44 PM »

I've completely redone the first post with images instead of text and images in between. Hopefully it's more clear now! Smiley

edit: since gamescom 2 weeks ago I've changed a lot of things, expect to see a huge update soon, but I want to finish the changes first. The biggest thing is that I moved up the resolution a tiny bit, and now characters are actually characters instead of blocks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:00:05 AM by Shimmergloom » Logged

michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 04:21:43 PM »

So. It's been a while.
But there's an complete rewrite of the main post and a gif if you got this far!

Please try the demo if you're interested, I desperately need feedback!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic