Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:09:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralIndependent Game Developers You Should Hate
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Independent Game Developers You Should Hate  (Read 38476 times)
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »

I heard Valter's fucking awesome, though.  Wizard
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »

Yeah I hate a lot of indie developers to, but most of them are from completely different incidents unrelated to indie games in any way.

Derek Yu I'm starting with this guy because I hate him the least. The only reason I hate him at all is because back when we were growing up in the same neighborhood, he used to never let me be captian of our treehouse club. He always made me be the first mate. He said it was the second best position and if anything ever happened to him, I would be the captain. It sounded fine at first, but after a couple years of doing all of his homework and poking the little straw into his sunny-d pouches while all the other members of the club were out playing kickball and having fun, i started to get a little bit irritated. Come on derek, why couldn't you have let me be captain for one day, would that have killed you? It actually may have because at one point I was so mad that I probably would have ordered him to jump off a bridge if I was the captain.

Phil Fish I hate this guy for the simple reason that during junior high, he was me and derek's bully. In case you are wondering, I was able to patch things up with derek and remain friends during junior high, mainly because he was a tough kid and could fight most bullies off for me. And he had a nintendo. Anyway, despite being one of the toughest kids around, the one bully he could not defend me from was Phil Fish. Now I'm not saying derek couldn't have beaten Phil up in a head on battle, but phil didn't bully just by dunking  heads in a swirling toilet or pulling underwear up over top of heads. No. He used words. Lot's of words. Mean ones. He was able to reduce derek to a bucket of tears before he could even throw the first punch, usually by making rude remarks about his mother or his (very sick) old dog (who eventually passed away due to an illness vets previously thought only existed in sci-fi movies). And then phil fish would bully us so bad that i had to go to the hospital one time. And the only reason he chose me to bully on was because I used to wear a 'stupid red cylinder hat' to school (because the strange shape of my head would not allow a regular baseball cap.)

Jon Blow I think it's pretty obvious why I hate this guy. Whenever we got to highschool, I was trying out for the knowledge master's debate team, and he was somehow (probably from a deal with the devil) able to take the position of knowledge master captain away from me. I was so furious with him that I could hardly contain my anger. I think I may have even called him the a-word at some point. I probably wouldn't have been so mad, but I wanted to be a captain of something all of my life and I never got closer than with the knowledge master's debate team.  But the position I did get was, you probably guessed it, knowledge master's water boy. Image that . Water boy. Just because they said my knowledge about spider man comics and old giligan's island reruns wasn't useful to the team. Why do they need a water boy, all they do is press that little buzzer. It isn't even a sport. Dang you, Jon Blow, dang you straight to dang. Now, i'll, never be a captain of anything (unless I am able to finish my 20th sub and I get promoted to submarine captain (and get a free sandwhich)).

I think I'm done writing for now but there are a lot more people I hate. If I have some free time later I'll tell you about when I was Pixel's roommate in college.

rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2009, 07:29:22 PM »

Why hasn't Jason Rohrer been mentioned? I'm terrified now.

LazyWaffle
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »

HandCraftedRadio was the biggest jerk ever. He always stole my sandwiches at lunch, and he and Derek always beat me up. He always cussed at me, and one time he even called me g-a-y! One time I told on them and then I ended up getting in trouble! How dumb is that?! They were mean to me all through junior high. I ended up befriending Paul Eres, who defended me. Ha! That sure taught those losers!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:58:01 PM by LazyWaffle » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »

Jason Rohrer is the ice-nine of independent game developers; a modern-day Midas who turns everything he touches into an allegory of the human condition. His own games are reasonably hateful, combining as they do the pretentiousness of Jon Blow with the shitty pixel art of a 14-year-old who has just discovered RPGMaker. In these games, Rohrer tends to present simple messages, such as "You will die" and "sometimes you feel bad, other times good" but he manages to stretch these ideas out into thousands of words in his bloated text explanations, which he misguidedly believes are not pretentious because he refers to them as "Creator's Statements" rather than "Artist's".

18 to 40-year-old men, who are becoming aware of how embarassing it is for them to cling to their childish obsession with electronic toys, see Rohrer as a kind of saviour. Suddenly, their stupid videogames are not just games, but high art. The fact that Rohrer's games do not actually have any kind of artistic merit does not deter these fans in the slightest. They begin by reviewing and dissecting Passage in their blogs, move on to hundred-page semantic discussions about the words 'game' and 'art', and finally, in a frenzy of self-stimulation, they ejaculate their own shitty art games into the clamorous bazaar of Tigsource's Feedback section.

This is the real reason why you should hate Jason Rohrer: not for the games he has created but for those he has inspired. Whenever you see a 16x16 sprite of a man in jeans and a T-shirt, whenever you read that a game is 'based on personal experiences', whenever you discover that your character is unable to move backwards, raise your middle finger to the sky in a salute to Jason Rohrer.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »

me too, although there were a few more inaccuracies that anyone more familiar w/ the indie game community would know...
Oooh! Do me! Do me!

i haven't heard of any of your games yet so i can't; link me to them and i'll give it a try
Shameless self promotion

okay:

thernz - only makes games which rip music from old snes games like Ys3, and that is the best part of those games

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2009, 09:02:24 PM »

ooo ooo someone do me! do me!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »

Glael Gamer kinda sucks.

Noir
LazyWaffle
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »

Tyler Glaiel is some furry obsessed with lizards and making shitty flash games that are supposed to have a hidden "meaning", but are actually just cave story ripoffs.

There's one sentence. Anyone want to continue?

you asked for it
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2009, 09:08:16 PM »

Dude, you left out the part about him kinda sucking.
LazyWaffle
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2009, 09:09:06 PM »

Dude, you left out the part about him kinda sucking.
That was a given.
Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »

strong

because he pretends to be an indie game developer, but actually isn't
Jolli
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2009, 09:23:40 PM »

glaiel gamer kinda smells like rotten pineapples Sad

im sorry
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »

Paul Eres, cause he passively forced me to install Greasemonkey.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »

okay:

thernz - only makes games which rip music from old snes games like Ys3, and that is the best part of those games
eva-jolli did a better job. ;-;
then again, my games kinda suck so i guess it's not your fault for not wanting to try more.

Eva-Jolli, because he does a better job.

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »

okay:

eva-jolli did a better job. ;-;
then again, my games kinda suck so i guess it's not your fault for not wanting to try more.

Eva-Jolli, because he does a better job.

eva is a girl

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2009, 09:34:32 PM »

Edmund
I have nothing bad to say about this guy,he makes an ass of himself so we don't have to. And he'll probably die soon.
The best indie develloper?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2009, 09:36:44 PM »

eva is a girl
Her gender always confuses me.

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.