Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 06:06:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI have a PS2, but have I experenced the PS2?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: I have a PS2, but have I experenced the PS2?  (Read 8802 times)
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »

Odin Sphere (Just be sure to play through the first campaign, the valkyrie is the lease fun to play as from what I've seen)
Persona 3 is also really good, an excellent RPG, but still, it's an RPG. Tongue

Also, Klonoa 2 was the first PS2 game I got! I remember it being good, but that was like, atleast 6 years ago... Might just be nostalgia.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 10:48:20 PM »

Buy the Metal Gear Collection, awesome value, good games. The (Japanese only) Treasure Box, which includes the classic platform shooter Gunstar Heroes. I will also have to second OutRun 2006 --it's one of my favorite games ever,-- Rez, and Silent Hill 2. And I suggest Katamari Damacy, though I haven't played the sequel (which others have suggested).

Biggerfish
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »

This is a question I've been wanting to ask for ages. This thread is super helpful as well.
DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »

I second the vote for Hitman. The first one was PC only, but the three sequels are all on the PS2 and I highly recommend them all, particularly Blood Money.

As a Rockstar fangirl, I'm gonna throw out Bully and The Warriors as well. Bully is rather easy, really, but it's a charming game, really fun to play. The Warriors is just fan-fucking-tastic. It's easily in my Top 5 Games EVAR List.

I recommend Manhunt as well, but not for any reasons that most gamers would find acceptable. I think it's rather awesome as an atmospheric sort of game, but it gets repetitive and then just boring once they force you into using guns. I definitely think you should borrow it from someone though, just to see it. And play it in the dark. It's much better in the dark.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »

Oooh, The Warriors! Forgot about that one. It is really rather good - the multiplayer's also excellent, in a simple "throw dudes off buildings" kind of way. We whittled away many hours on that.

Also: Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. The ending is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen, any media, but the rest often veers towards incredible. I'd say it's worth it just for the start of the game, really.

Actually, that game left me so confused - as to how one team could make such a good and such a bad story. I even listened to that 1up Backlog with the producer, and that STILL didn't help.

And another two: If you're willing to spend time on a PS1 game, get yourself Silent Bomber. Particularly good, and rather different. 3rd person action, if you're wondering. Never heard of it before a friend introduced me a few months back, but it plays so very well.

If you have friends willing to spend some time on a PS1 game, get Bushido Blade. Dead simple fighting game, but again, it plays very well. One of my favourite fighters, and not due to nostalgia.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 02:54:03 AM »

yep Jak series is super great and #Ratchet and Clank series too. Solid entertainment. satisfaction guaranteed.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 06:58:53 AM »

If you're into (lengthy and hard) RPGs, you might wanna check out Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. Also has a bit of a "Gotta catch em all" vibe to it  :D

Be sure to really get Directors Cut (which IS Nocturne) though, since it has some added stuff that makes the game even more lengthier and harder.

It's pretty awesome and totally fucked up though.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 07:06:31 AM »

JRPG's are a hard sell for me, there are only really 2 that I ever beat/go into: Golden Sun, and Super Mario RPG.

I have played and beaten all the Rockstar games, I really liked their style. I also loved the Hitman games, though I beat them all on the computer. I've been looking around for the Metal Gear Collection, but I haven't seen it much in stores.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 08:30:15 AM »

Persona 3 is really the cream of the crop as far as jRPG's go. There's a lot of stuff about it that's very well done, including the fact that you actually have to play your character and manage his personal life as well as the combat, which is greatly affected by how you deal with people when you're not killing shit. Plus, it's instantly awesome because the way you summon beasts is by shooting yourself in the head.

Also, SILENT HILL 2.

Klonoa 2 may be pretty easy, and the story is shit in a basket, but the gameplay is still totally solid.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
PaleFox
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »

I'm afraid this thread has shown me my ps2 is not being EXPERIENCED by me enough either, yes? But I'll have to second Odin Sphere and Katamari Damacy. They're both brilliant, but be SURE to get Katamari Damacy because it is basically my favorite video game ever. Seriously.
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 09:53:30 AM »

I have Odin Sphere, but I never finished the first chapter because it seemed really boring and repetitive. It does get better?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 10:04:58 AM »

Katamari Damacy almost got me to buy a PS2 4 years ago. I did end up playing it a whole bunch though.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »

I have Odin Sphere, but I never finished the first chapter because it seemed really boring and repetitive. It does get better?
It's still repetitive, but it does get better. Tongue

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
The-Imp
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »

I don't know, but if you're into to fighting games, get Tekken 5.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »

Silent

Hill

best to play on a pc, better graphics, higher resolution, no annoying loading times...

GTA San Andreas

same

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »

Killer 7 - top notch visuals, awesome story line, excellent audio and some nice original gameplay ideas (gameplay is not perfect nor for everyone, though).

Yakuza - Shen-Mueish game with gangsters and beat 'em up and RPGish action.

Viewtiful Joe - Awesome action game.

Others: Gradius V, Gradius III/IV, Ys the Ark of Napishtim

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2008, 12:25:15 PM »

TIMESPLITTERS 2222222!!! (2)

But you need to buy a multitap+some controllers. EBAY.

Then make a custom zombie survival map, with 1hold-out-room, flame tag, all zombies, and you all play as calamari. Its brilliant.

You need beer too, and you need the "Anaconda" Music track unlocked, to put it on repeat.

And you need weapon set:

- Remote Mines
- Sniper Rifle
- 12 Guage.

I AM SUCH A GEEK

team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 12:26:51 PM »

TIMESPLITTERS 2222222!!! (2)

But you need to buy a multitap+some controllers. EBAY.

Then make a custom zombie survival map, with 1hold-out-room, flame tag, all zombies, and you all play as calamari. Its brilliant.

You need beer too, and you need the "Anaconda" Music track unlocked, to put it on repeat.

And you need weapon set:

- Remote Mines
- Sniper Rifle
- 12 Guage.

I AM SUCH A GEEK

No thanks, I played Perfect Dark 9 years ago.(HA!)

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 12:39:35 PM »

But Timesplitters 2 is much better than PD.
Also, SSX Tricky is a must get, along with the first Prince of Persia trilogy game and Spider-man 2.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »

I'm playing through this right now, but Marc Ecko's Getting Up is a surprisingly solid game. You play a rising graffiti artist in a near-future authoritarian city. The production values are top-notch, and the game features a ton of real-life graffiti artists and their work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic