Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411661 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 03:34:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations2D Platformer! Needs Pixel Artists, Composers and Writers! (Rev Share)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D Platformer! Needs Pixel Artists, Composers and Writers! (Rev Share)  (Read 805 times)
Riftmango
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »

Hi! I'm the programmer for what I consider to be a very special project! :D

I want this to be a very collaborative game project, but I can not promise money straight away, I was thinking we could make a Kickstarter if this goes anywhere, so if you need money up front or in a jam with rent, then sorry, this is not for you, and I hope you get your rent paid! :D

Basically I'd love to collaborate with many talented people to make something! People with ideas, come on in! Writers, come on in! Pixel artists and others, come on in!

The plan is to meet on Discord in a Discord server made for this, and just throw ideas out there, talk about our favorite indie games and whatever.

Also, feel free to say whatever! Speak your mind@ I encourage an environment where you don't have to feel like you are in a room with eggshells on the floor.

As for what the idea is. Things are quite simple at the moment. I know for certain I'd like it to be a 2D platformer.

You can add me as a friend here on Discord by using that: Riftmann#1502
PetSkull
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:41:58 AM »

Hate to burst your bubble, but 2D platformers are well oversaturated, so unless you come up with a really unique take on the genre, you'll be one of many. If you want to make this for fun, then go right ahead. But if you want to make it for the money, I think you need to really think about your genre.

Riftmango
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »

I do not care if it is oversaturated. I have confidence that it is possible to make success happen regardless. There is still a market for platformers, and it has it's fans. I will try my best.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:19:24 PM by Riftmann » Logged
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:41:41 AM »

Hate to burst your bubble, but 2D platformers are well oversaturated, so unless you come up with a really unique take on the genre, you'll be one of many. If you want to make this for fun, then go right ahead. But if you want to make it for the money, I think you need to really think about your genre.

Hmm....isn't that the case with every genre these days? For every platformer there's a top down RPG, then for every RPG there's Rouge like. There seems to be more to a games success than it's genre.

What I'm noticing is that the art style is what seems to make or break games if they're going for profit.

Look at games like Cup-Head....Nothing revolutionary about the game play, it's a Platformer - Shoot'um up... most of us yawn at that alone....but it's art style is what sets it apart, and makes it a success.

I do not care if it is oversaturated. I have confidence that it is possible to make success happen regardless. There is still a market for platformers, and it has it's fans. I will try my best.

Have you gotten any responses? Maybe telling people what the games about would inspire/paint a picture?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic