Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 05:23:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for Realistic yet Ambitious team
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Realistic yet Ambitious team  (Read 950 times)
Interactive_Media_Makers
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2018, 01:57:22 PM »

Hello, Game Creators
I am here looking for people willing to work together and develop great games. Not just for fulfilling our own desires, but also to give our players a few hours of unforgetable experiences.

What is our first project about?

We are making a small scope game, just to get the team to know each other.

Soulanity is a 3D horror game with elements of Outlast, Slender and Amnesia. You find yourself inside a monastery and you have to find the means to get out before the creature living there gets you. The more time you stay in there, the less sanity you have. And the less sanity you have, the more likely you are to find the only thing you don't want to meet inside that place.

Use the lamp to guide yourself through the monastery, following the blood trail to find what you need to get to the exit. Remember, though, that you are not a fighter. Run, hide, but don't try to confront the beast. You'll always lose.

Why should you think about joining?

If you fit any of the profiles below, this proposal might be a good opportunity:

You have specific skills but lack others;
You want to either start or grow your portfolio;
You want to improve your teamwork skills;
You want to work on games that focus on immersion.

What games are we making?

Let's forget about genres. Our main focus is to give players immersive and memorable moments. Something that makes them forget about time while they play. Those are the games we are aiming for.

What roles are required?

We need modelers, animators and Unity level designers at the moment.

Anyway, just tell me what you think. Hope to receive answers from you all!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:21:14 PM by Interactive_Media_Makers » Logged
Uplinked
Level 0

Part time writer, full time badass.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:30:27 PM »

Personally, I find this entire post to be too vague. You speak of immersion and memorable moments but offer no explanation as to how you'll deliver them. You don't talk about what it is exactly you're creating. A studio? A team? It's up for anyone to guess, and that makes it difficult to even want to inquire. You speak about how your proposal may be a good opportunity, yet it's difficult to decipher what it even is. I'd recommend clarifying a lot of these points I touched on.

Uplinked

Writer, Student, Passionate Lover
I write things, and you should definitely have me write things for you.
PlainOldGeorge
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 04:40:18 PM »

What can you do? Send me a message, we could chat. Maybe join my similarly ambitious project but it has a scope.

Hello, Game Creators
I am here looking for people willing to work together and develop great games. Not just for fulfilling our own desires, but also to give our players a few hours of unforgetable experiences.

Why should you think about joining?

If you fit any of the profiles below, this proposal might be a good opportunity:

You have specific skills but lack others;
You want to either start or grow your portfolio;
You want to improve your teamwork skills;
You want to work on games that focus on immersion.

What games are we making?

Let's forget about genres. Our main focus is to give players immersive and memorable moments. Something that makes them forget about time while they play. Those are the games we are aiming for.

What roles are required?

If you are good at something that you feel like you could use as part of a game development, let me know. Basically, games consist of these four aspects:

Mechanics (Game Designers);
Aesthetics (Artists, Composers);
Technology (Programmers, Technical Artists);
Theme and Narrative (Writers, Creative people).
Therefore, those are the roles we require. However, even if you don't fit any of them, there might be a place for you in the team.

Anyway, just tell me what you think. Hope to receive answers from you all!
Interactive_Media_Makers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 05:22:39 AM »

We are currently looking for modelers, animators and Unity level designers.
Interactive_Media_Makers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 04:21:31 PM »

Changed the post a bit.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic