Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411716 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 10:18:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)What do you make your games with most frequently?
Poll
Question: Which do you use the most?
Unity
Flash
Flash w/ Flixel
Flash w/ Flashpunk
Silverlight
Java
Game Maker
Construct
RPG Maker
Visual Basic
Love
Python
Ruby
C
C++
C#
DarkBasic
PureBasic
QBasic
Blitz Basic/Plus/Max/3D
Delphi
Fortran
Cobalt
Assembly
Other game engine
Other coding language
I make modifications to existing games/engines

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: What do you make your games with most frequently?  (Read 8793 times)
NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »

I pretty much use C++ and SDL exclusively.  I've built up a small OpenGL 2D drawing lib (see it in action here) which I've gradually been adding to (most recently; basic shaders, ttf support).  It's all done in immediate mode though, so at some point I'm going to have to switch over to VBOs.

I've fiddled about with flash a bit, but it felt so clunky and unwieldy that I soon gave up.

Kali
Level 0

ADVENTURE YEAH!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2010, 12:17:54 PM »

I used python most often to make games back in school. But left to my own devices I'd use Unity with C# to make stuff, just because I know it best. I've been using Flash more often now, too.
ChevyRay
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 05:30:51 PM »

Flash at work, C++ at home.  My Word!
> Flash.
> Work.

Oh, dear. Where?

I get Flash job offers all the time, there's lots of business in Flash programming right now.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 06:13:32 PM »

yeah, from what i'm told, flash is currently the most in-demand language for programmers; if you're a good flash programmer you can get a job easier than any other type

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 03:40:36 AM »

That's true, but at least Flash is only the client side of what I'm working on. There is also Java so I should have said Flash + Java at work.
My background is C++ based (for embeded softs, like phones, pda and consoles) and the company needed someone from the game industry.

I mean : most of the flash work around are more about making little comercial/advertisement games or non-games, not "real" games for wich "get more customers" is not the primary goal.

So if you get in the flash business, be sure to know that it's not like indie game dev with a salary.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 07:56:20 AM »

Mostly C# with XNA, super quick to get demos up and running and test things out in 3d.

Also Flash with Flixel, mostly for 48 hour jams, I like putting down quick Ideas with it.

Though at verk I'm moving probably towards an Ogre3d solution.

If I had the time, I would learn Unity and do some more C++/OpenGL programming, because I'm starting to forget it.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Average Software
Level 10

Fleeing all W'rkncacnter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 08:44:33 AM »

I plan to start using Fortran soon, but just for math-heavy sections of code.

What would John Carmack do?
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »

C++\Lua (DX9, Bullet, Assimp, AntTweakBar), Java (Processing).  Occasionally dabble with Unity, XNA, Pygame.  Looking to do some stuff with Flash (probably using either Flixel or Flashpunk, but maybe another engine or custom engine), libcinder, Android SDK, Javascript\HTML5, DX11 and maybe NaCL, whenever I get time and motivation to work on some more projects.  Worked with Unreal (mostly C++ engine coding, not so much Unrealscript) a lot when I was a mainstream game developer.
Taiko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »

Python programmer here.  I love the syntax - it's great for rapid prototyping.
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 01:45:22 AM »

Multimedia Fusion 2 Tongue

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 08:51:15 AM »

No voting in the way too limited poll, here is:
-unreal engine
-java
-Blitz basic
-construct
-flash(flixel)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
jmp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »

I love the syntax - it's great for rapid prototyping.

Definitely!

I use Python, C++ or C, mostly depending on the size of the project.  But Python for prototyping regardless of the main language.  I also use it for writing tools, such as the character animation/model editor I’m working on.  A fantastic language.
Taiko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »

I love the syntax - it's great for rapid prototyping.

Definitely!

I use Python, C++ or C, mostly depending on the size of the project.  But Python for prototyping regardless of the main language.  I also use it for writing tools, such as the character animation/model editor I’m working on.  A fantastic language.

Great to see more Pythonistas on here.  Hopefully with Pygame getting enhancements soon the community will continue to grow.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic