Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:18:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)What program to use to make pixel art?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: What program to use to make pixel art?  (Read 14421 times)
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 06:07:30 PM »

photoshop forever.

SEE GUYS?
increpare
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 01:06:19 PM »

Leopard? Tiger? What the hell, I don't which one I have! How do you tell; it's not in "about this Mac".

Please help.

If your OSX version is 10.5 it's leopard, if it's 10.4 it's tiger.  (that should be mentioned in the 'about' window I think; I can't check because MY HARD DISK FAILED  Cry Cry Cry )
godsavant
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »

Leopard? Tiger? What the hell, I don't which one I have! How do you tell; it's not in "about this Mac".

Please help.

If your OSX version is 10.5 it's leopard, if it's 10.4 it's tiger.  (that should be mentioned in the 'about' window I think; I can't check because MY HARD DISK FAILED  Cry Cry Cry )
Bummer; i feel for you. These things are programmed to fuck themselves up after five or six years.

Thanks a lot, though.
increpare
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 08:23:10 AM »

Thanks a lot, though.
So, which version do you have?

(also, another easy way to tell: if you have leopard your dock probably (if it's at the bottom of the screen) is reflective  Roll Eyes  )
godsavant
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 12:42:33 PM »

Thanks a lot, though.
So, which version do you have?

(also, another easy way to tell: if you have leopard your dock probably (if it's at the bottom of the screen) is reflective  Roll Eyes  )

If that's the case, I've got Tiger. Doesn't matter, though, GIMP doesn't work on mine.
Corpus
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 01:26:20 PM »

On the off-topic topic, the Leopard horizontal dock is pretty nasty-looking. I use the vertical dock because, well...

And yeah, Hideous, pirating Photoshop CS3 on mac is a pain in the arse. So I've heard.
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 09:54:48 PM »

Paint .net

I suck  Embarrassed
Going to try out few of the programs mentioned here.

Lord Ash
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 02:45:38 AM »

Fireworks 8
or Photoshop CS2
or GraphicsGale

usually in that order unless Im doing something special. I prerender my stuff from 3D now days. I suck at pixelling.
godsavant
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 07:17:28 AM »

k, i've just found out the Gateway laptop I got for Christmas has MS Paint on it, so I've tried that out. For someone who's accustomed to Photoshop's myriad of options, the dearth of features is crippling, but I've grown fond of its pixel-by-pixel creation process. Laborious, yes, but infinitely rewarding.
Zaphos
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008, 09:42:49 PM »

k, i've just found out the Gateway laptop I got for Christmas has MS Paint on it, so I've tried that out. For someone who's accustomed to Photoshop's myriad of options, the dearth of features is crippling, but I've grown fond of its pixel-by-pixel creation process. Laborious, yes, but infinitely rewarding.
Useful thing to know about MS Paint: you can selectively replace a color by selecting it as your secondary (right click) color, then selecting the color you want to swap in as your main (left click) color, then choosing the eraser tool, then right-clicking the image where you want to swap colors.

I don't know how I know that, but it comes in handy ...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic