Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:05:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Protoglyphs -- free placeholder images
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Protoglyphs -- free placeholder images  (Read 2310 times)
Lord Ash
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2008, 02:54:31 AM »

these are just some placeholder images, hopefully they help you in some way.

use them for working out a problem in code, use them to share your ideas n save your art assets on forums, use them to make other effects, use em for whatever, or not.

It is just a few shapes that may come in handy. They flash going from all black to a bright glow with hard black edge, each is inside a 64x64 square if you want to make a sprite sheet.

I will probably add to this later, adding more detail, and more glyphs, but this is all for now.

Please let me know if you do anything particularly cool with them Smiley
Mitchard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 05:26:53 AM »

You need to either redo or anti-alias the edges of those diagonal lines. Lots of them, the diamond in particular look off even at 100%. Also your star seems to be anti-aliased on one side, but not on any of the others.

The glow effect is pretty ugly as well. I'm assuming it's a filter or gradient of some sort, and it's really not working. It looks very default and especially bad on a shape that has no anti-aliasing itself.

I might be missing the point of these (I'm really not sure what they're supposed to be) but you saved it against a white background with no alpha channel, which seems to defeat the point of saving these as .pngs, with the same colour being used to make the "flashing" effect, I dont see how these could ever be implemented without a huge white border.

It's possible that I'm completely missing the point here. What are these supposed to be used for?
Lord Ash
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 05:47:06 AM »

Im using them in GM..to work on some movement code.

the alpha channel didnt save you say.. damn. I'll look over them tomorrow.

use them for whatever you want, they are meant to save some time, thats all. to fill in blanks while you work on code, untill you get other art created, sorry you find them shitty.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic