Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 11:59:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMeteos Wars
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Meteos Wars  (Read 1122 times)
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:49:39 PM »

Why did I not hear about this earlier?

I've spent more time on Meteos than with any other DS game. It's basically the most elaborate "stacking blocks" game ever to grace the planet. It's hard to explain exactly how diverse it was without just sticking the game in your hands. There were 32 planets to choose from, each of which reacted differently to block combinations. Lots of people like to rant about Puzzle Quest, but I consider Meteos to be the pinnacle of the "Puzzle Match-up" empire. And now I hear that a new one is coming out Kiss

Excuse me for geeking out so much, but I've wanted this for so long, and I had thought that the series was already dead.
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »

I just wish I could find a version of it in stock somewhere other than Disney Meteos.

Also, Puzzle Quest isn't really the pinnacle of the block-match genre.  It's more like the pinnacle of "how to take a nice set of match-3 rules and mash them up with stupidly-overpowered bonus effects".

Not that I'm bitter at how long it took to finish the friggin' boss in that game or anything.

Also, Planet Puzzle League is another pretty awesome pure-puzzling approach at the match-3.

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
JamesPopStar
Level 1

Agent California

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:01:10 PM »

I consider Meteos to be the pinnacle of the "Puzzle Match-up" empire.

I couldn't agree more! Don't feel badly, I heard the news about this a little bit late too. Fellow Meteos fanatic here.

I take Meteos pretty seriously, so I'm crossing my fingers really hard that Q Entertainment doesn't drop the ball. But I've got faith. Perhaps this makes up for Meteos Online, which only came out in Japan.

Now, the big question: Does it feel good to play it with the Xbox 360 controller!?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic