Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 01:30:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioNothing For Something OST - (Big band jazz, spy music)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nothing For Something OST - (Big band jazz, spy music)  (Read 1016 times)
Sam English
« on: June 16, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »

I just finished this soundtrack for a small game called "Nothing For Something." It is still in its early stages of development and you can try out the alpha here. But since the OST is all wrapped up, I figured I'd go ahead and give it away. You can download all four songs for free!

Hope you guys like it and please let me know what you think!

derivator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:52:42 AM »

Very nice! At some parts I thought it could use a little more variation, but, very nice!
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:30:58 AM »

Good job Sam!

What were you using for drums and brass might I ask?

Do you know Yoko Kanno's score for Cowboy Bebop? It's in this kinda style and it's fucking incredible. If you don't know it you should definitely check it out.

Stealth job reminded me off some of the FF7 tracks in that town... i can't remember what it's called... anyway, you've got some great sounding bongo/conga stuff in there too!

You've done a great job getting a live feel with a lot of these tracks.

Sam English
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »

Very nice! At some parts I thought it could use a little more variation, but, very nice!
Thanks for listening!

What were you using for drums and brass might I ask?

For the drums I started with the Jazz Kit from Kontakt 4 then did some tweaking and processing to get the sound I wanted. Congas and bongos also came from Kontakt 4. Then the rest of the percussion came from DAMAGE. The brass instruments are from the East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold, thanks to someone's helpful suggestion.  Wink

Do you know Yoko Kanno's score for Cowboy Bebop? It's in this kinda style and it's fucking incredible. If you don't know it you should definitely check it out.

Never heard it before. I'll definitely have to check that out! Any recommendations to start me off?

Stealth job reminded me off some of the FF7 tracks in that town... i can't remember what it's called...

Somewhere in Midgar? Any comparisons to Uematsu's stuff is a compliment in my book, thanks!

You've done a great job getting a live feel with a lot of these tracks.

That means a lot. I really wanted to get as much of a realistic feel as possible with the software I have - especially the drum performance.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to throw some comments at me, Cal!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:12:36 PM by Sam English » Logged
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:58:36 AM »

Ah Kontakt 4 - sounded good! I might have to seriously look into that. Hahaha, I suspected the brass may have been from there shortly after posting the comment! Facepalm

I've just PM'd you some links to Yoko Kanno's music.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic