Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 02:40:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioHow to (How I) Videogame Music.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to (How I) Videogame Music.  (Read 882 times)
Slide20xl
« on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »

So, I've been composing for around 7 or 8 years now and it's been a bit of a tough road.

I haven't done too badly for myself and there've been a few highlights, but I've had a few completely lost moments in there, too - I've scoured around the net a little bit (admittedly, a very little bit) and read a few helpful things here and there, but the most helpful things for me thus far have been:

A) Analyzing pieces of music - down to the finest details possible, and
B) Straight up asking some dudes some questions.

So. I just finished these two (Sonic inspired) tracks: Amazing Highway and Depth City - and I figured I'd open the floor for questions if anyone was curious about anything.

That includes anything relating to creative process, music theory involved, technology involved, how I thought about any part in the tracks, inspiration, etc etc etc. I'm also up for posting stems (that's the term right? stems? wavs or mp3s of each individual track) and midi files if anybody wants to have a look. (I looked at sheet music of Aquatic Ruin and Twinkle Snow while working on these, along with learning to play Aquatic Ruin a bit. It was eye opening).

I'm not sure if anybody out there wants or needs any help - or to maybe just see things from a different composer's perspective - and I'm definitely not the best composer around here - but I thought it wouldn't hurt to make the offer.

(I am also a complete noob around these parts, so apologies in advance for doing anything in bad taste).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:42:15 PM by Slide20xl » Logged
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:38:05 PM »

Cool idea - it'd be great to talk in detail about our tracks. Really helpful for everyone involved!
Please fix the link so I can start asking questions!

Slide20xl
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »

*facepalm* It should work now.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic