Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411703 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 19, 2024, 07:16:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEldritch's Gate (early development build) 2D powerup puzzle platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Eldritch's Gate (early development build) 2D powerup puzzle platformer  (Read 564 times)
GravenDusk
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2023, 07:27:30 PM »

Title: Eldritch's Gate
Engine: Unity
Platform: PC/WebGL

Welcome to the early development phase of Eldritch's Gate. I'm eager to hear your feedback.

Overview:
Play through the first of many worlds. Each world will have a unique theme and introduces new gameplay elements to keep things interesting.

Gameplay Highlights:
-Play the first 14 levels of World 1.
-Strategic Powerups: Utilize drag-and-drop powerups to make your player jump, dash, or change directions strategically.
-Navigation: Your player will auto walk until encountering a wall then turning around.
-Limited Powerup Resources: Manage your resources wisely, as you have a limited number of powerups to place strategically.
-Your player will only move once you pressed the Play button.
-Bonus Scores: Test your skills and earn bonus scores by achieving your objectives with minimal powerups.
-Pickups and Doors: Progress through the game by collecting pickups that unlock doors, adding an extra layer of challenge and excitement.
-For those who get stuck, click the lightbulb icon to show placement hints.

Feedback Requested:
Please provide feedback on the current gameplay, controls, and overall experience, thank you in advance!

Screenshots

Screenshot of a level with powerups placed.

Download link: (32Mb)
https://gravendusk.itch.io/eldritchsgate (Added itch.io link!)

CREDITS:
Player sprite: https://jobit91.itch.io/
Tileset: https://penusbmic.itch.io/
Additional art by me.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 11:01:13 PM by GravenDusk » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 07:45:12 PM »

Hey GravenDusk,

I played your game.

Everything worked well.  Everything controlled well.  Your tutorial was good.  I had a lot of fun.

My only complaint is the difficulty jumped pretty hard at level 5.  The platform on the right threw me off.  I had to use the light bulb.

Overall great job!
GravenDusk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 08:34:04 PM »

Hi jbarrios,

Thanks for taking the time to try it out, it's appreciated!

I'll try and make the difficulty a bit more gradual, I'll rework some of the levels, thanks for the feedback.

[update] Added WebGL version!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 10:49:02 AM by GravenDusk » Logged
deathraydreams
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 06:48:07 AM »

Cool idea. I can't really play it since placing the same powerup in the same spot gives me different outcomes.
My particular bug happened to me in level 7 by placing the jump powerup right in front of the spikes. Sometimes the guy jumps over them and sometimes he lands on the spikes. Also, in some plays, the scene resets before the guy dies, and I'm pretty sure I'm not pressing the reset button. Keep at it tho.  Beer!

GravenDusk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 04:48:20 AM »

Hi deathraydreams, thanks for trying it out!
I'll look into the bugs you mentioned.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic