Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 11:21:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTriast
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Triast  (Read 250 times)
SethJones
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2024, 02:32:26 AM »

Puzzle match 3 game with inspiration from Mario Paint.

Experience, a game with a unique match 3 design that focuses on matching 3 blocks a time to get higher scores using combos. Use power-up to explode a column and row, and stack-up power-up to explode fast to clear levels with ease.

Android Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.treefly.triast

Apple App Store

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/triast/id6460979449
Jerboa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 12:24:16 AM »

Just had a go at this on Android, I like the music and visuals. The UI is also simple and clean which is great!

One question, I don't play match n games much. But is it the case lines must be strictly m mod n == 0 generally? I like it, but was wondering if most are actually, match n, or more. 

Personally I often found the game "played itself" a bit too much, can you consider modifying the generation so it is less likely for rows/columns with "n mod 3" pieces to be automatically generated? Not necessarily easy to do (or balance for each player) I'm sure...

But I think games like candy crush have that down to a tee, i.e. there's just the right balance of "lucky" generations to get that gambling feeling (I know..) but it also means the player still has to play, "skillup", and feels in control.

I think its a solid match 3, I think developing a unique twist/gimmick for Triast over other match 3s would take it to the next level. Sorry I can't really come up with ideas for that.

Best of luck with it!  Coffee

A few minor bugs/nitpicks:

I could not work out how to "back out of a game" I had to close the game to get back to the main menu. I think a back/exit button would be good so players can stay in the app.

Not sure what the "s" button/box does.

Moves 0 (or m from my last game), appears in the level select/main menu screen.

Scores opens high scores and time opens a timed game mode. I had thought "Time" would also be some kind of leaderboard since they are next to each other (I clicked scores first). Is there some way to differentiate these two more? Maybe "Timed mode", "time attack", "quick", "quick play", or something. But that would increase the text length a lot. Perhaps the time button could be moved above the levels boxes?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic