Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 10:12:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingYour Call - An adventure puzzle game where phone calls are key
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Your Call - An adventure puzzle game where phone calls are key  (Read 199 times)
FlyingFreeStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2024, 06:37:38 PM »

Hello, citizens of TigSource. I am here to humbly request some feedback on a game I've been working on called Your Call.

Your Call is an adventure puzzle game that plays a bit like an escape room. Your aim is to solve puzzles throughout the rooms and collect phone numbers that are used to open new areas or activate new puzzles. The numbers you find aren't the only ones that can be called, but let's not go into spoiler territory.

The demo has a total of 12 different endings that can be achieved. Some are simple, others are secrets that require a bit of out of the box thinking. I'm not expecting everyone to get all of the endings, but if people do, they will all receive a crisp virtual high five from yours truly.

The feedback I am looking for is as follows.

Feedback on the general gameplay feel. Does it play smoothly and generally feel easy to play?

Feedback on the emotions it conjures up. Yes, that sounds weird, but it helps me understand that I have the atmosphere nailed down.

Feedback on the puzzles. Are they too hard or too easy? That kind of thing.

And finally, any general feedback you might have would also be amazing.

This is all sounding far too serious, isn't it? I should make a poop joke or something.

Just a heads up, there is a horror element to the game, but nothing too crazy. It's more psychological than anything else.

The game can be downloaded here: https://flyingfreestudios.itch.io/your-call

I really hope you guys have fun with it.

A big pre-emptive thank you to anyone who sees this, and don't be shy with the feedback, good or bad, bring it on because it all leads to a better final product.

Do you like video games? Well, funnily enough, there's something that sometimes resembles them here!

https://flyingfreestudios.itch.io/
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 10:55:01 AM »

Hey FlyingFreeStudios,

I played your game.  I'll walk through my experience.

The title screen is great!

I had to press every key to know how to progress the first dialogue.

On the 3rd tutorial popup after I pressed "Makes Sense" I could no longer control my character.  I had to restart.  This never happened again.

When I called the police one phrase was "Was a dead body sir?"

Why did the first phone number get added to my notepad, but the second didn't?  Oh you have to click the number.

It seems every 3 seconds or so a sound plays.  A knock on the door or a glass breaking.  I'm sure you meant this to build the tension.  I found it a bit distracting.  The ringing phone did make me jump a few times.

Spoilers ahead:

The scam call was funny

The puzzle in the drawer was good.  I am in my mid thirties.  Is the younger generation going to get that?

The kitchen puzzle was great.

I noticed the scrape marks on the ground from the grandfather clock so I pushed it.  It killed me?

The art in the dining room was hard to figure out.

I was killed trying to do the art puzzle.  Having to restart the whole game made me quit

Overall awesome job!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 01:06:19 PM by jbarrios » Logged
FlyingFreeStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 02:10:03 PM »

The legendary jbarrios!

First of all, thank you so much for playing the game and providing brilliant feedback. It's been tough to get feedback, so I massively appreciate it.

Some of the feedback has matched up with some that I have gotten from friends that I have tied down and forced to play the game, so I will look into implementing it.

It sounds like I will need to make it clearer that death is a good thing and that it sort of drives the game forward in a way.

Also, big thanks for using the spoiler tag. It's pretty tough trying to mention anything about the game without spoiling it.

Do you like video games? Well, funnily enough, there's something that sometimes resembles them here!

FlyingFreeStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 04:17:09 AM »

Demo version 2.0.1 is live!

New features:
    - Autosave has been added to help lessen the pain of dying. Note that some situation will still require starting a new game.

Bugfixes:
    - The bug of being unable to move after seeing a tutorial has been resolved.

Quality of Life:
    - New hint added for the phone book page puzzle.
    - Added event more hints to the art puzzle.
    - Made the oven a bit less punishing.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic