Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411663 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 04:35:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIf you are a woman and have an idea for a game we can help.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: If you are a woman and have an idea for a game we can help.  (Read 913 times)
FineYoungCapitalists
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »

Hi I'm Heather from TFYC

We are running a contest where any woman can submit an idea for a video game. We take the top 5 ideas and get real concepts artists to visualize the game. We then put those pitches online and the internet votes on the best one. That pitch get's turned into a real game with the profits going to charity.

There is no cost, and you can apply on our website at http://www.thefineyoungcapitalists.com/

Thank you for your time.

For question email [email protected]
FineYoungCapitalists
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »

We have a whole Transgender policy about this but if you self identify as a woman yes.

http://www.thefineyoungcapitalists.com/TransgenderPolicy
feminazi
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:22:33 PM »

ok so i remember seeing this being a laughing stock on the twitters and i see you changed the genital check policy on the transgender page, but i'll ignore that stuff and ask you 2 questions

1) why would someone want to submit a game idea to this and go thru some elimination contest instead of... making the game themselves or pitching it on kickstarter?
2) i understand your org is not going to make profit out of this but why would anyone trust a team called fineyoungcapitalists and who the hell are the people behind this
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »

I'm a grill BTW

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Conker534
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »

if this was about men only games, people woulda been pissed

dum
feminazi
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »

if this was about men only games, people woulda been pissed

dum
yes because theres a lack of men making games

conker plz

think about wat u say
FineYoungCapitalists
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »

Insert Quote
ok so i remember seeing this being a laughing stock on the twitters and i see you changed the genital check policy on the transgender page, but i'll ignore that stuff and ask you 2 questions

1) why would someone want to submit a game idea to this and go thru some elimination contest instead of... making the game themselves or pitching it on kickstarter?
2) i understand your org is not going to make profit out of this but why would anyone trust a team called fineyoungcapitalists and who the hell are the people behind this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so number ONE, our Transgender policy hasn't changed. The policy was written out by lawyer that worked with Human Right Council of Ontario and "Transition" is the word for when a person change their self identification from male to woman. The person who started this just wanted to start a fight and is currently being used as an example of the issues with communicating online with less educated LGBT advocates.

To answer your question

1.) If you have a development team go on Kickstarter, if you don't have one and want another team to handle 100% of the production you can go with us. Especially if you want to support a team in the developing world.

2.) Everyone is listed on the website http://www.thefineyoungcapitalists.com/Staff

But generally speaking the woman who started all that crap on Twitter is the reason we are called "Capitalists". There are tons of group that will support "woman" by giving them a support group or mentors. But there is very few people directly investing in them. Girl Geeks, Ladies Learning Code and Dames Making Games all provide support and education but we dealt with all of those groups and none of them could help with seed financing or development. We'll let them continue that part which is extremely important, we'll handle the production part.

One of the biggest issues women face in the workplace is that they're seen as communicators, managers and not builders or designers. So this project ignores everything but the person idea and makes it happen.

Also BTW a private donor has paid for the pitching section, so it's their money that your spending not the communities money.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:25:31 PM by FineYoungCapitalists » Logged
feminazi
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »

thanks for clarifying. good luck
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic