Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 12:53:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallA.R.E.S.2 Fast-Action side-scroller sequel is now on its gear!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A.R.E.S.2 Fast-Action side-scroller sequel is now on its gear!  (Read 714 times)
gumustdo
Level 0

Swinging pencil.

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2014, 04:54:46 AM »

Cave Story Hello guys I'm glad to say that We, "X10Studio" is now developing the Sequel to our first game, ARES: Extinction Agenda! named (for now) ARES2 : Harbinger of War. (Sorry for a quick, Wing of liberty*cough* look of our 'make-shift' logo!)

For information about the first game please see it in the steam store page! http://store.steampowered.com/app/92300/

In this follow up game. ARES will be back in full 3D! both Background and characters. I have been learning to make 3D asset for a while since we've finished the first game now. And now it's time to put my skill into the real task!

And in this game. The world and setting will be more persistence, larger. Possible "Multiplayer" in some shape and form.

Well, let's cut to the chase. Here's some of our initial concept art.

Again people, these are just an initial projection from me. Nothing is set in stone yet. By this time, I'm now crunching out the design document and discuss with the team about the direction the game will become in the final product.

But, initially we will look back into our previous ARES grabs all comments we can gather from communities to evaluate which feature of the game we should make it more robust and which we should kick out.

For me, in this project I've been entrust from Nenin, my good friend and Producer from the first game to wear the hat of Designer and Level design at the same time doing what I love, directing the art and crunching out Art assets.

We've also has more people on board in ARES2 too.
Firstly, A young talented Animator/GUI artist "Aeksiam" (twitter : @BlurDezign)
And Multi-talented Ace programmer/Music composer "Py" (twitter : @5argon)

Well, that's for now for the first project update here. I'll post something more soon! possibly some polygons stuff next time. Bye!

Twitter @gumustdo
locknic
Level 1

Dominic Mortlock

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 06:59:24 AM »

I love the concept art. So pretty.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic