Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 08:56:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsChicago: Indie City Games Open House Games Expo August 20th!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chicago: Indie City Games Open House Games Expo August 20th!  (Read 3090 times)
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »

Howdy friends! Are you from Chicago or its outlying areas? How would you like to come show off a game you've been working on--or, alternatively, come see what others have been hard at work creating? Well, now's your chance!

We (by which I mean Indie City Games) will have a big room ringed with tables as we invite the general public to come in and play our stuff.

Where? 243 S. Wabash Ave Room 924

When? 1 - 4 PM, Saturday August 20th, 2011

Why? Because you love indie games!

If you're in the area and you want to come and show off a game, please contact me ASAP via PM RSVP on this Facebook event page. If you're not a dev or you just want to come and play games, no need to contact me--just show up and bring your friends!

Finally, please pass this link around to everyone you can. We want a strong showing, and absolutely everyone is invited!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:49:41 PM by Craig Stern » Logged

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:50:58 PM »

Update: we now have a Facebook event page set up. Go ahead and RSVP!

Kunal
Level 1

is feeling Bit.Core.Trippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 03:22:03 PM »

Would an Ann Arbor dev also be allowed to show his game here ? Thought I should ask before I RSVPed.

:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:37:25 PM »

Q: WILL I BE THERE?
Q that is an A?: MAYBE?  Shocked
copernicus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 05:44:53 PM »

If I can find a spare computer to bring there I will gladly attend.  I'd like to show off my first commercial game that I'm releasing the end of this month.  Is there a fee for this gathering?  From the sound of it, each developer is going to have their own table.  Is there any kind of main presentation, speakers, or anything like that?  Are we allowed to sell our games there?

Check out my personal website:
Nicus Props
copernicus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

I will be attending tomorrow, and I'm bringing a computer to show off a game of mine.  Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Nicus Props
BoxedLunch
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »

oh shit, i just realized that i had something to show. i probably won't make it though. Droop
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 07:28:57 AM »

I'm dropping by.

PTibz
Level 0

Business Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 07:45:56 AM »

The Young Horses and I will be in attendance showing off a few new Octodad 2 things. They're rough, but we figured why the hell not.  Wink Excited to see what everyone brought to show off!

Octodad!
President/Community Manager at Young Horses
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:24 PM »

I'm dropping by.

Dropped By.

copernicus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 03:12:17 PM »

I enjoyed the experience.  It was enlightening watching random people play my game.  I got to see the default controls they would attempt to use, and how difficult the game was for them.  Although one person said I shouldn't make it easier, I probably should adjust the dynamic difficulty system so it goes down instead of only up.

In addition to computer games there was an iphone game and an ipad game on display there.  There were 3D games and 2D games, so it was a nice variety.

Nicus Props
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »

Although one person said I shouldn't make it easier,

Hah that was me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:38:54 PM by Rob Lach » Logged

Kunal
Level 1

is feeling Bit.Core.Trippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »

I had a great time. It was reassuring to see people tapping their feet/moving their body while playing my rhythm game. After watching everyone play the game the first time (and almost never completing a full song)  I've got some good ideas for improving the game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic