Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 06:32:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMicrogue - out now on iOS
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Microgue - out now on iOS  (Read 28010 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »

wow, sorry its been a while since I have posted here. (Started a new job and finishing up some freelance stuff).

Update. Game is coming along nicely. Lots of extra work at the moment. I have two heroes completed. The game will start with one hero, the wizard. He will wield the power of arcane fire as shown in the below screenshot.

if a player finds a key and a cage, they can unlock a new hero to play as (These heroes are randomly selected, the only real difference is their one time spell) there are a couple other heroes coded although I need some ideas for animations that activate their specials

- Sorceress : Summons a blizzard that freezes monsters for 2 turns
- Amazon: has a dash ability that allows you to move 4 squares
- Rogue: has a sneak ability. Allows the player to move diagonally
- Cleric: can destroy all undead creatures on a level
- Jester: Scrambles all monster positions on the board
- Fighter: if the player kills a monster they get to take another turn, like jumping in checkers.

I also have been adding some more enemies, my favorite being the Cockatrice. If a player is inline with the monster it turns the character to stone.

and now onto comments.

rek: Its been an idea I had that basically you can move enemies in and out of danger, but after doing some testing, its use is very limited, moving them into a trap, doesn't happen as often.

Alchiggins: thanks, doing 2D animation is something i dont have as much experience with as 3D, so I am glad its been coming along.

barneycumming: thanks, I found a picture with a pallette I liked, and I have stuck with those colors for everything.

Happymonster. what do you mean by Cursor keys?

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »

Some people refer to them as arrow keys. Smiley

Basically using the keyboard to move instead of clicking on each destination square?
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »

no I don't think so. I am sure people will ask for them, but they will be so clunky with the specific mechanics that I don't really think it will be worth the time and effort.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »

So still working on this. I am adding more characters and special moves. I am not really sure if I like them though. I never feel like I need to use them. I am thinking about maybe dropping them, because they are taking way to long to put in.

fylth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »

Maybe try to make them into passive abilities? It would give the player the chance to challenge themselves using a harder character, or at least one they aren't used too.

So for example the Fighters ability would already work, the Thief could move diagonally, the Wizard could maybe shoot a fireball at a target 3 tiles away but without moving (and with a cooldown)? Just throwing some ideas around, love what you have already, looks awesome.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2013, 05:03:44 AM »

That could maybe work. I might be able to try and change up the title screen to have a character select. Then I could maybe make some simple enemies. Like have a base guy who moves normal, and then maybe a few other characters to play as.  I will have to think about that.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »

If you rescue/unlock another playable character but then die, can you continue playing from that point with the unlocked character?
qwertyhim513
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »

Tracking this because it seems awesome :D. Gentleman

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2014, 02:07:45 AM »

I thought the dragon might get increasingly difficult to deal with as it woke up:

sleep
roused
awake
1 tile move
2 tile move
3 tile move

Meaning it goes from being something you can ignore for now to something you have to focus on (and make mistakes when you run away!)

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »

So I redid the movement system a bit. The game focuses a bit more on the players left and right facing. The player has a big shield they can use to block enemy attacks, but its very limited. this makes the game feel a little more fair.

also the current game is the player traveling up 10 floors to grab the treasure and then head out via the way they came in. on the tenth floor is the dragon's Horde, so the dragon will chase you out.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »

More work has gone into this. Getting closer to release as I attempt to squash all the pesky bugs.

akoluthic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »

Sweet!  Been looking forward to this.

Twitter | Soundtrack and trailer composer - worked on:CRAWL, Soviet Jump Game (Game Grumps), PULSAR: Lost Colony, and others. Currently solo developing Chrysalis
mike_w
Level 0

Hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2014, 02:49:48 PM »

Yay, I'm excited to play it!

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2014, 05:12:15 PM »

Good good. I am hoping to do some video capture of the game next week and maybe talk a bit about it. after that I am going to try and get some youtube people to look it over.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2014, 08:19:47 AM »

more updates. including my first secret added to the game. I was going to add tips to the gae, but the game doesn't have load times, but I am not sure where else to put them.

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »

cool to see you are working on this again.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »

yeah had to take a break to do some freelance stuff. I am animating for the new Chaos Reborn game. So work on this has been slow.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »

cranking on this more. doing a lot of the extra stuff, like screen size code, credits, and help stuff.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2014, 05:27:53 AM »

Finally got the game running on both iPad and iPhone.

Also I got a Personal Message from someone, and I accidentally deleted it instead of replying. Whoever that was feel free to send it again.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2014, 05:33:21 PM »

Here is some footage of me playing the game.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic