Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 07:12:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsInfinity Inc. - dystopian platformer about cloning
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Infinity Inc. - dystopian platformer about cloning  (Read 2593 times)
Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:46:23 AM »

What would happen to the world in which appeared a device capable of cloning anything?

Infinity Inc. is a dystopian puzzle platform game set in a world where the cloning of any subject is possible. Use the cloning gun to clone yourself and learn what the invention of such device had led to.

Features:

- Use a cloning gun to create your own clones
- Control multiple characters
- Feel dystopian atmosphere of sick pre-apocalyptic world
- Explore enthralling story
- Overcome different traps and solve puzzles
- Enjoy handmade pixel art

IndieGoGo Trailer

About the game:

Corporation Infinity invented the QMRD - Quantum Matter Replication Device. After the leakage of the device from the Corporation lab it fell into the hands of ordinary people and began to spread very quickly.

In a short time almost everyone on Earth had the QMRD. People cloned everything that came under their hands: money, food, energy and even themselves. Very soon, the world plunged into chaos. Trying to fix it the main character heads to the center of the Corporation.

The release for PC/MAC/LINUX is scheduled for fall 2017

The INDIEGOGO campaign is scheduled fo March 21st, 2017

Gameplay

The World Of Infinity Inc. is chock-full of deadly traps, and only cloning can help the main hero to survive. To solve various puzzles the player will need to switch between his clones, cooperate and control them to help each other.

Many clones have to sacrifice themselves so the main hero could continue his way to the center of the Infinity Corporation.

Traps

Having noticed anything dangerous it's better to play safe and create a clone. In the world of Infinity Inc. there are a lot of traps, lasers, presses, freeze guns, and much more.

Puzzles

Not all the clones will survive solving deadly puzzles, but don't feel sorry for them after all, that is what they were created for! They can interact with the environment: shut off the force field, destroy lasers, and support each other.

WARNING!

Make sure your Quantum Matter Replication Device is charged before you pull the trigger! Otherwise you may get errors while cloning

Art

INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN STARTS ON MARCH 21st! Come on board, the game needs your support!

WEBSITE
http://www.theshpufa.com
TWITTER
https://twitter.com/TheShpufa
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 04:04:28 AM by Geovizz » Logged

Infinity Inc. - adventure puzzle-platformer game about clones
Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »

As the first post i'll add our today's progress - we were experimenting a little with machine guns and made two types of them (hope forum supports gifs). One is moving constant from side to side and stars firering when you hit the blue area, and second - stays still until you touch the area and then moves towards you

snake302
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »

Amazing game! Fantastic art! Good luck!  Coffee

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:31:25 AM »

Amazing game! Fantastic art! Good luck!  Coffee

Hey man, it's nice to see you here, thanks for your support! Smiley

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:05 AM »

I agree, the first game seemed short and felt that each element could've been explored more. So, there's definitely place for a sequel.  Much like Acorn Story.  :D

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »

Phew! Those were pretty tense days, mostly because i decided to make some performance improvements.

Althought OpenFL uses GPU rendering when runs native, there is also a feature that can boost game performance even better - rendering tilesheets using drawtiles method (batch render in fact). So, i spent last few days exploring the technology and must admit - that worth it! Now i have a huge performance boost, which allows me to draw even more blood and body parts Evil

Next - i finally started to develop a blog's page (actually my dad develops it, i only design). Here's the first mokup:

I agree, the first game seemed short and felt that each element could've been explored more. So, there's definitely place for a sequel.  Much like Acorn Story.  :D

Wow! I didn't expect someone still remembers that game... That's exciting actually, thanks)) I wanted to make a sequel for Acorn Story too, even made a new engine for it with physics (they weren't in original game), but, but.. Now i'm focused only on Infinity Inc with it's dystopian story and bloody narrative))

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 11:20:35 AM »

Wow! I didn't expect someone still remembers that game... That's exciting actually, thanks)) I wanted to make a sequel for Acorn Story too, even made a new engine for it with physics (they weren't in original game), but, but.. Now i'm focused only on Infinity Inc with it's dystopian story and bloody narrative))
Yes, I do remember! Grin

Of course, I understand, first thing first.

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 09:51:29 AM »

Latest news:

1. The game switched from OpenFL to Unity 3D. OpenFL tilesheet is great and very well optimized, but it needs a lot of additional work, such as bulding your own display list etc.. Of course i could use TileSprite library, which is great, but still many things remain to do, for example a solution for bitmap texts. So after some consideration i decided to try Unity and..

2. Today i made first approach on Android and it looks fantastick so far. Here's the video:

Still need a solution about controls, because there is 4 buttons + tap for jump + swipe for move and it's very confusing now.

Anyway, this is really big change for me. Will keep you updated on my Unity adventures Smiley

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 08:17:35 AM »

Added simple controls settings and some ui

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 08:36:52 AM »

New trailer!

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 08:32:52 AM »

Looks awesome! Smiley

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
brunopadz
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

Man, it looks so amazing.
Do you mind if I feature it on my YT channel?
Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 11:20:46 PM »

Do you mind if I feature it on my YT channel?

That would be nice!

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 05:11:09 AM »

Phew! That was a tough half a year! (really?)  A lot happened and the game also transformed. Check out this new gameplay trailer:

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 09:26:41 AM »

Nice trailer!  Interesting mystery creature @30sec.   Shocked

The only thing that I might change is the logo at the end.  I would like to see the infinity sign by itself without the title for a brief time.  One idea would be to show the same scene with "lights off", then turn them on one-by-one or first turn on the lights for the infinity sign and then the title.  Or later as a fade-out effect the lights could become dimmer and the background wires and other details will no longer be visible - only the infinity sign (and maybe the horizontal line below it but only as a shape)

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 01:39:25 AM »

The only thing that I might change is the logo at the end.  I would like to see the infinity sign by itself without the title for a brief time.  One idea would be to show the same scene with "lights off", then turn them on one-by-one or first turn on the lights for the infinity sign and then the title.  Or later as a fade-out effect the lights could become dimmer and the background wires and other details will no longer be visible - only the infinity sign (and maybe the horizontal line below it but only as a shape)

Sounds cool, i'll definetely add this effect when will be creating main trailer (i made this one basically for IGF)

Speaking about IGF - i've just submitted the game for IGF 2017! It was a dream for past 8 years for me, since i knew about this festival when i was 17. And now i can't believe i have an opportunity to enter it. So excited!

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 03:38:11 AM »

Got a few free days to study some wordress and update the game's home page. Added recent screenshots, gifs, trailer and BLOG, he-he! Don't forget to subscribe for latest news here : http://www.theshpufa.com

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 12:04:05 AM »

Didn't know about steam-concepts - nice feature! If you want to have a steam page, but not ready for a Greenlight yet. Made one here - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786878004

Geovizz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 04:29:11 AM »

Have you heard about Freegalaktus contest? It's Poland event and you have 5 days yet to submit your game. Mine is here: http://www.freegalaktus.pl/?page_id=3392

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic